FS:2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250

J_Copeland

SOLD !!!!!

Wife's asking me to sell her bike she rode once.

Bought April 09 from a guy in Pittsburgh,I rode it 5 times.

Very clean

1763 Miles,both tires are in excellent shape

Great Starter bike.

Two small dents in top of gas tank(Previous owner says ex girlfriend let stuff fall on it while it was stored in her garage)

More pics are available

I'm in Warren,Oh if you want to come look at it.

1,800 O.B.O.

CarriesNinjaPics190.jpg

Edited by J_Copeland
SOLD !!!

Nice bike man. You've REALLY got my interest. I've posted a thread up earlier and had people dukin' out over whether a ninja, katana, or sv650 is best to start on, but, this bike sure does look pretty!

Bike ever been down?!

The Ninja 250 is a perfect starter bike,easy to ride and when you get up around 10,000 rpm it rides like a true sport bike.

Here are a few more pics.

There are a few light scratches on the left mirror and turn signal.(I suspect from a tip over from previous owner.)

Absolutely no damage on the fairings.

2004NinjaForsalepics008.jpg

2004NinjaForsalepics010.jpg

2004NinjaForsalepics019-1.jpg

2004NinjaForsalepics011.jpg

2004NinjaForsalepics017-1.jpg

2004NinjaForsalepics013.jpg

It's a starter bike. You'll be hard pressed to find a starter bike that doesn't have scratches, they get dropped scratches form.

Are you looking to show the bike ride, me thinks it's the latter.

Start at 1300 and work from there... I'd be willin to bet you'll settle at 15

I did some ckecking and there was a recall on the gas tank on this bike that was never done.I'm going to contact Kawi dealer and get the tank replaced.I'm not here to pull punches,I bought the bike and didn't even see the mirror or signal scratches.This bike is Kelly Blue Book at like 2250.So with It's low milage it's worth 1800 for sure.I may go lower.Come check it out and make me an offer.Oh and BTW...I could have replaced the srcatched pieces for cheap and said "It's never been down"Straight up truth is always best.

There is nothing wrong with that price. The 2008 250s were $3,500, the 2009 250s were $4,000 sticker & that's what most people paid for them. I forget what the 2007 and older bikes sticker price was but my point being just like others have told the new kid in other threads starter bikes hold their value. You will be able to ride that bike for a year and if it’s in the same condition sell it for a loss of no more than $300 & if gas prices change possible make money. Let him miss out on a few bikes he should have bought, he will change his opinion with a little experience. It’s a wonderful teacher.

I have a 2004 250R (same color as this one actually) and $1,800 is exactly what I paid for mine and it has 5,000 miles on it. With that low miles I definitely think its worth that much. That's the thing with the Ninja 250R's, they hold their value REAL well and it is very hard to find a new one for less than MSRP. That was one of the reasons I started on a 250R instead of a bigger bike, because I know when I go to sell it I am not going to lose much if any money on it. They are very fun little bikes too, great to learn on and very forgiving with rider mistakes.

• 1 month later...

We also have a 2004 Ninja 250. One of the best things it has going for it is the 60+ MPG it gets! I'm not going to say in this thread how much I paid for it though, because it had been down and the front fairings were GONE, and it wouldn't be afair comparison. It only had about 2400 miles on it, was my first bike, and served it's purpose well. In fact, I still like riding it!

The only problem it has given me (other than replacing the fairings and mirrors and stuff) is the starter clutch is bad, and it's "interesting" to get it to start! I think the starter problem is from my wife learning how to ride, not knowing how to operate a clutch! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

didja sell this yet? $1800 is tempting..... remember everyone on any forum anywhere is only slightly smarter than those that just shop on ebay. youll have better luck getting your asking price on ebay than cl or on a motorcycle forum, even though i hate ebay.

How many other offers have you gotten for it?

None,I paid cash for it,so it'll sit if i don't sell it.

didja sell this yet? $1800 is tempting..... remember everyone on any forum anywhere is only slightly smarter than those that just shop on ebay. youll have better luck getting your asking price on ebay than cl or on a motorcycle forum, even though i hate ebay.

02-23-2010 07:40 PM

Nope,still up for grabs.I was going to try ebay but there are alot of ppl that don't pay,so screw that.CL was my first move and all I got was stinking SPAM...LOL

• 2 weeks later...