Google Android - Droid has landed

V4junkie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why others get excited over phones and waste hundreds constantly upgrading.

Droid plus Chatterbox = Turn by Turn and tunes at the same time in my helmet. I resisted the 'cool' phones until I saw I could do that. So I got 200 bucks in my phone (work picks up the data fee) compared to a lot more for a GPS/XM combo....and work would not pick up my XM subscription for my bike of course. Are those things that I could do without, sure I have done so for years. But dang it is awesome having them.

'Bout to go pick up myself a droid tomorrow....what kinda cases are you all rockin' on this beast? I'm not about to roam around with mine naked!

Get a screen protector, the 8 buck a month insurance and go nekkid. I run mine in the sporty geek belt holster......

I love it. I'm finishing up day 2 and there is STILL a lot of stuff I don't know about it. The only major thing against it is the battery life, but I've been told that they are going to try to fix it with the new OS patch/update. What I've been using is the app killer. I also bring the charger to work and listen to the radio and to Slacker. It's what I thought the BlackBerry Storm was going to be. (That's the phone I 'upgraded' from)

What I've been using is the app killer.

Waste of time, imho. Most of what you are killing is not really running at all. It is just a small part of it sitting in memory so it fires back up a little. As for the memory the OS will kill it and take it back the second it needs it. Bluetooth and WiFi are the bigger battery killers. Put the power widget on your home screen and kill them when not in use.

I also bring the charger to work....

You can just use the data cable part of the charger if yours is the same as my Moto, or better yet just get a data cable and plug the usb into your computer and that will charge the phone also. Saves hauling stuff back and forth.

Can you say "Google Maps"?

The "My Location", directions, navigation and search features are spot on and very helpful on trips. Used it alot on our spring break ride thru SE Georgia down to Cocoa.

The phone could use predictive number dialing, I do miss that feature. Way too many pluses though to complain. Android sets the OS bar high. The Motorola Droid is a solid performer.

Hey I think this is my first post on OhioRiders.