Ohio-Riders June Meet and Greet (Cleveland) 6/19/2010

Likwid

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too..Its all good..

My VF500 will wheelie if pushed, too. I just don't try to do so! I found out on accident that it would! :eek: Popped over a small hill, full throttle in about 4th gear, and it didn't feel like i was heading down the other side! So I let off the throttle slightly, and the front wheel eased down, and I hammered back on it......

a full on supersport isn't my style anyway. I don't know that my back could take the riding position of a supersport

no one's can. by definition, supersports are designed to put the rider in a position conducive to aerodynamics in a straight line, while still providing for comfortable movement from side-to-side and hanging off the bike. A comfortable seating position isn't a priority when the bike is designed to have you hanging OFF the seat 80% of the time anyway :)

someone really needs to design and market quick-adjust clipons... maybe I'll do it.

A set up with 'risers' that could be flipped so they also act as 'lower-ers' for when you want to ride more aggressively, maybe?

no tools required. all quick-release stuff that could be changed in 60 seconds.

no one's can. by definition, supersports are designed to put the rider in a position conducive to aerodynamics in a straight line, while still providing for comfortable movement from side-to-side and hanging off the bike. A comfortable seating position isn't a priority when the bike is designed to have you hanging OFF the seat 80% of the time anyway :)

someone really needs to design and market quick-adjust clipons... maybe I'll do it.

A set up with 'risers' that could be flipped so they also act as 'lower-ers' for when you want to ride more aggressively, maybe?

no tools required. all quick-release stuff that could be changed in 60 seconds.

Another reason I don't really care for a supersport, I wouldn't use it for it's intended purpose enough, anyway.

On the quick release stuff.... It would have to be something REALLY reliable, since we're talking about control of the steering! I can think of a few ways to do it, basically a second lock to prevent the quick release from opening. There are several things I've seen that could be adapted to this application..... The wheels are turning, but not enough to take your idea!!!!

Understood guys... jbc sorry, but I know you're cool :)

Matt & Bryan if you guys can start feeling out local companies you have relationships with that would like to chip in products, services, or other that'd be awesome.

Also if anyone has ideas for stuff (like dyno, sponsor booths) please post up!

I'm gonna see if Progressive is doing any stuff with the Sucker Punch bike but not likely, we don't bring it out in public much.

I can probably get a bunch of Progressive swag... but that only goes so far lol

Edited by Likwid

Nothing wrong with stuntas. Just It'll be Squidpalooza if BS is there. Not all them guys are dickbags but the cool people are are a small number.

Next time I see ya matt I'll tell ya all about what kind people most of them are.

So this will be a Katana friendly event?

If we get a timeline on a date, I can see if the local motorcycle shop can provide items, also possibly NAPA too? I know the owners of a few business that I do computer work for, so I see if they can provide items.

If we get a timeline on a date, I can see if the local motorcycle shop can provide items, also possibly NAPA too? I know the owners of a few business that I do computer work for, so I see if they can provide items.

Kanatuna always welcome! Date is 6/19 rain date will be 6/26

I should have looked at the very first post again., sine you added the date...

all gravy... I think Ben is still working out some bugs, this was an auto generated topic for the calendar event I created but the date didn't auto populate.

Note to all; if you create a calendar event put the date in the description.

Yeah, it's NEO, not Coshocton!

I'll most certainly have my bike up here by then. :D

I was pestering 2 guys at work today about their bikes being running by next year that time.... 76 HD and 82 Triumph both are extremely custom (tins, paint, engine components, etc etc) I'm very excited to see both their bikes painted!