thinspiration vid, these girls are sick

CMRemaly

No one has forgotten. People are suggesting the girls in the video are unhealthy purely based on on the opinion of them being too thin. It's not backed by anything practical what so ever.

You are forgetting that you can be thin and perfectly healthy, rarely can you be decently over weight and perfectly healthy. There's plenty of people that fall in the "medium below overweight and above 100 lbs" that are disgustingly unhealthy.

what's your definition of healthy?

being too skinny is more dangerous than being a little over weight. and I'm not making that up. it's a medical fact.

when you are super thin your organs and muscles arent getting the proper nutrition.

take an emaciated dog into a medical clinic and see how worried the vets become. take a fat dog in there and they don't much care about it's health. because it's not in any immediate danger of dying.

to be honest with you, you are the one with the misconceptions about being skinny is healthy. there is no medical proof showing skinny people live longer than overweight people. I said over weight. I didn't say morbidly obese. that is way out there in the overweight spectrum. and lets face it, there are way more people that are underweight than morbidly obese.

Edited by serpentracer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what's your definition of healthy?

being too skinny is more dangerous than being a little over weight. and I'm not making that up. it's a medical fact.

You just compared too skinny with being a little over weight.

You're already failing you're argument. You just unfairly compared to unalike opposites. How about too skinny and grossly obese?

when you are super thin your organs and muscles arent getting the proper nutrition.

You're failing again. Almost none of those girls would be considered super thin.

take an emaciated dog into a medical clinic and see how worried the vets become. take a fat dog in there and they don't much care about it's health. because it's not in any immediate danger of dying.

Fail again. None of those girls would be considered emaciated. Although you comparing them to dogs is amusing.

to be honest with you, you are the one with the misconceptions about being skinny is healthy. there is no medical proof showing skinny people live longer than overweight people. I said over weight. I didn't say morbidly obese. that is way out there in the overweight spectrum.

Reading comprehension would be your friend.

We're not talking about skinny versus fat. We're talking about healthy and unhealthy. Skinny doesn't equal unhealthy. I never once claimed skinny = healthy. I only claimed that skinny doesn't automatically equal unhealthy. At least being fat would be more instantly accurate in the assumption that the person isn't healthy. I'm not making the claim that slightly overweight people are automatically unhealthy esither.

You like to claim a lot of things as fact. Would love to see your sources...

and lets face it, there are way more people that are underweight than morbidly obese.

Once again feel free to cite your sources...

"Government and private sector health experts now estimate that 65 percent of America’s adults are overweight and 31 percent of adults are obese and at risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension."

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2004/06/11/2381.aspx

"Percent of noninstitutionalized adults age 20 years and over who are overweight or obese: 67% (2005-2006)

Percent of noninstitutionalized adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 34% (2005-2006)"

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/overwt.htm

This whole thread has SO MUCH to do with motorcycle riding.:rolleyes:

:lol: of course it does! I think the real question being addressed here, is how can we balance our time between riding motorcycles and throwing up to be disgustingly skinny!

Not everyone thin is bulimic.

Ectomorphic metabolism - thin, more muscle and less bone, born that way.

Or sometimes hypertrophic metabolism - eats a lot to no effect, sometimes seen after an injury.

Not hyperactive metabolism, that's a disorder.

Anyone that has seen me eat knows I won't be gaining weight anytime soon.

It took me a long time to gain some muscle and get above 145 pounds at 5'9".

My record low was 125 pounds on return from the Army. I got back to 145 pounds in only a week or two. Weird...

Edited by ReconRat

You just compared too skinny with being a little over weight.

You're already failing you're argument. You just unfairly compared to unalike opposites. How about too skinny and grossly obese?

You're failing again. Almost none of those girls would be considered super thin.

Fail again. None of those girls would be considered emaciated. Although you comparing them to dogs is amusing.

Reading comprehension would be your friend.

We're not talking about skinny versus fat. We're talking about healthy and unhealthy. Skinny doesn't equal unhealthy. I never once claimed skinny = healthy. I only claimed that skinny doesn't automatically equal unhealthy. At least being fat would be more instantly accurate in the assumption that the person isn't healthy. I'm not making the claim that slightly overweight people are automatically unhealthy esither.

You like to claim a lot of things as fact. Would love to see your sources...

Once again feel free to cite your sources...

"Government and private sector health experts now estimate that 65 percent of America’s adults are overweight and 31 percent of adults are obese and at risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension."

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2004/06/11/2381.aspx

"Percent of noninstitutionalized adults age 20 years and over who are overweight or obese: 67% (2005-2006)

Percent of noninstitutionalized adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 34% (2005-2006)"

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/overwt.htm

my post had 0 bearing on those girls in the video. it was all about your misguided ideals of what healthy is.

again you have this misconception a skinny person = healthy. fat person = unhealthy. you are absolutely totally wrong.

my mother is a pediatrician. I think I know a lot more about this subject than a 20 something smart ass.

Edited by serpentracer

:lol: of course it does! I think the real question being addressed here, is how can we balance our time between riding motorcycles and throwing up to be disgustingly skinny!

apparently. I guess I'll have to give up brushing my hair to make time for the effort to be skinny. I already work out. Maybe I can get in an extra couple of 'praises to the Porcelain Gods' by giving up brushing my hair. Sacrafice ya know!!!!

This whole thread has SO MUCH to do with motorcycle riding.:rolleyes:

It has a lot to do with riding. You ride a cruiser though, so you wouldn't understand... it's built to handle more weight :eek: (j/k with you :D), but it's the skinny girls and kawi kids of the world that you see on racebikes. True Story.

Every 10lbs I lose is a couple hundredths on my ET slip. :D

my post had 0 bearing on those girls in the video. it was all about your misguided ideals of what healthy is.

again you have this misconception a skinny person = healthy. fat person = unhealthy. you are absolutely totally wrong.

my mother is a pediatrician. I think I know a lot more about this subject than a 20 something smart ass.

I agree with most of your statement.

Fusion is, however, a lot more than 20 something (no offense). I'd take a stab at closer to 40 give or take.

He can be a smart ass though :D

Damn you're thick. I never said skinny = healthy and even said I don't think skinny automatically equals healthy. You should try actually reading the posts you are actually responding to. Here let me even quote part of it for you...

We're talking about healthy and unhealthy. Skinny doesn't equal unhealthy. I never once claimed skinny = healthy. I only claimed that skinny doesn't automatically equal unhealthy.

Go talk to your mommy then. I'll take my classes in nutrition over your bed time stories with your mother. Or maybe I'll refer back to the million conversations I've had with my wife on the topic who did nutrition/dietary management for 11 years...

I won't speculate as to whether the actual girls pictured are healthy or sick. The thing that is disturbing is that young women have put together these little videos to inspire them to refrain from eating. It's scary because they are developing an unhealthy attitude toward food and toward their bodies. Regardless of whether these ladies are 'true' bulimics or anorexics, it's just not right to warp their image of beauty like this.

Thanks SchmuckGirl, that was my original point:

I can't believe there are chicks out there that actually watch these to inspire them!!!