Honda race bike

dustinsn3485

Some of the track guys might know something about this...

I've got some information about a 2003 CBR600RR track bike. Ie...Built by Honda specifically for the track, came with race plastics, no headlight. Top end port and polish from Honda, slipper clutch, weighs 316lbs dry. I'm sure there's more, but I am still learning specifics.

I'm still trying to find information, but does this sound familiar to anyone? I was told it was bought through a dealer, but was shipped from Japan direct.

Some of the track guys might know something about this...

I've got some information about a 2003 CBR600RR track bike. Ie...Built by Honda specifically for the track, came with race plastics, no headlight. Top end port and polish from Honda, slipper clutch, weighs 316lbs dry. I'm sure there's more, but I am still learning specifics.

I'm still trying to find information, but does this sound familiar to anyone? I was told it was bought through a dealer, but was shipped from Japan direct.

Without more info its tough to say exactly... Is this something you think Honda made to sell retail for the track? Or was it like an AMA factory race bike that someone is selling?

The bold, I think. I know it wasn't retail.

Factory ama race bikes are sold often, and u can get a great deal once in awhile. The only thing that would concern me is the "built" motors in them. They are built to squeeze out every once of HP that motor can put out, and they need a refresh atleast every year... There are different types of built motors and finding out what was done to it, and when the last refresh was would be key. They can have a TON of race goodies on them, which is a good thing, but make sure you know what goodies you are getting on it, and know how to use them, or benefit from them...

There are some great deals on track bikes out there..Id reccomend spending 4 or 5 grand and getting a turn key track bike... For 5 grand you can get a 2 or 3 year old 600 with full susension, rear sets, exhaust, power commander, track body work, bla bla... If it were me I would shy away from a factory race bike, and get more of a reliably built track bike...

That's what I was wondering. He said he'd take 2800, but I don't know enough about the bike to make an educated decision.

You can PM me all of the info about the bike, or send pics or something, or if in Ohio I could come check it out with you... If it has new forks, new rear shock, performance ecu, full exhaust, performance brakes, rear sets, steering damper, bla bla it might be worth it, just incase something happends to it and you have to part it out..... without knowing all of the mods, its hard to say... How many miles on the bike? Has it ever been titled? Is there a title? Has it been wrecked? How many times? Is it straight? frame, forks, sub frame, etc?

You can PM me all of the info about the bike, or send pics or something, or if in Ohio I could come check it out with you... If it has new forks, new rear shock, performance ecu, full exhaust, performance brakes, rear sets, steering damper, bla bla it might be worth it, just incase something happends to it and you have to part it out..... without knowing all of the mods, its hard to say... How many miles on the bike? Has it ever been titled? Is there a title? Has it been wrecked? How many times? Is it straight? frame, forks, sub frame, etc?

I don't know enough about it right now. I know it's got a title and the guy has put a headlight and turn signals on it.

It's on the east side of Cbus. I'll see if I can find a number and PM it to you later tonight, it's something my dad found and has been looking into.

I don't know enough about it right now. I know it's got a title and the guy has put a headlight and turn signals on it.

It's on the east side of Cbus. I'll see if I can find a number and PM it to you later tonight, it's something my dad found and has been looking into.

Let me know if you want me to come look at it tonight or sometime this week with you... I'm sure others on here could be a huge help as well... The more the current owner knows about it the better...

First, if indeed it was actually a "factory race bike", it would have an MSO and the frame most likely would have some strange VIN# attached to it that would be outside the norm.

Second, if it indeed had a Japan built SS spec motor in it, good luck getting parts for it. It's uber cool to have a factory built race bike... Right until it breaks and you are trying to search for a set type of internal part that has no official relationship to a CBR600 in that year... Know what I mean?

Finally, for $2800, I doubt it was factory with Showa components, HRC engine parts, etc. Plus, Honda would go further than a port job. Hell, the ZX6R from the factory on the assembly line has a port job now... If they trimed it to under 320 pounds, why would they only port the motor? That's illegal for SS racing...Well, unless it is from the factory. Not allowed to do that according to rules back then.

I'd probably guess it might have been somehow involved with HRC, but doubt it was very special. I'd get solid facts first. Hell, who knows? It could be and the guy just wants it gone...

All of that is valid and I don't know answers, I'm trying to do some background work before I get involved and make the hour and a half - two hour drive to see if it's just some kid that's got a retail 600rr and trying to take advantage of some clueless guy or actually a really good deal.

I'll get more info and update as I find out more.

All of that is valid and I don't know answers, I'm trying to do some background work before I get involved and make the hour and a half - two hour drive to see if it's just some kid that's got a retail 600rr and trying to take advantage of some clueless guy or actually a really good deal.

I'll get more info and update as I find out more.

PM me the kid's name and where he lives. Most likely, I know who he is or know a guy who knows him... I have a buddy that worked in Honda's R&D motorcycle division and might know him if I don't...