76 suzuki gt 250

oldschoolsdime92

My boss brought in his old motorcycle and I have been tinkering with it alittle here and there. Its going to need carb boots, and some other misc parts. Does anyone have any idea where i could possibly locate parts for this? I have looked around on fleabay alittle bit but could not find much more than carb rebuild kits.

There is a place in Newark/Heath area that specializes in old school bike parts. I may have a business card at home. I got recommended to them by a few guys at Hinderer Honda Powerstore in Heath, when i had my '85 Honda Nighthawk. I'll look when I get home, or you can call Hinderer and they should be able to tell ya. I don't believe I ever called about parts, but it's worth a shot.

There is a place in Covington that sells and repairs older bikes. You may be able to find what you need there. They are always selling bikes on Craigslist. In there CL pics it looks as is they have somewhat of a showroom. If i can think of the name of the place i will post it up. Its Covington it cant be that hard to find.

Those are cool bikes. When you say carb boots I assume you are talking about the ones between the carb and air cleaner. Make sure the seal between carb and manifold is also good. An excessively lean condition will kill a two stroke in short order. Good luck and keep us updated.

2 strokes...lots of fun. As for parts - I've had success sealing the cracks by using 'plumbers goop' on the carb to engine boots - won't peel off like silicone. It will be a quick fix until you locate good NOS boots. As for resources - 1. B&B Cycles in Mansfield - 419-524-6327 - Old Skool guys - gotta show up with old parts in hand, no shipping. 2. Rice Paddy Cols (no phone # sorry, google them), 3. Sharp's Cycle in Chillicothe - (no phone # again look him up), 4. Wymer's in Newark / Hebron, 5. www.sudco.com

• 2 months later...
...and let it warm up? I had a 1974 GT185 for a while. It was fun to ride.

That's awesome! I had one in '78. We let it sit for about 9 months and the carbs were all gummed up. After I cleaned them it ran as always. Great bikes. Good power from those 2's.

• 4 weeks later...

got the carbs cleaned and the boots taken care of. Now it only wants to run on one cyl. Then suddenly the second cyl will fire and the rpms skyrocket, into an uncontrollable craze, to the point I have to unhook the battery to get it to quit. Then other times it runs on both cyl fine. Any ideas?

got the carbs cleaned and the boots taken care of. Now it only wants to run on one cyl. Then suddenly the second cyl will fire and the rpms skyrocket, into an uncontrollable craze, to the point I have to unhook the battery to get it to quit. Then other times it runs on both cyl fine. Any ideas?

Pull anything made by Toyota. :lol: