So I started my tear down

rad_x_boarder

• 4 months later...

Ok so didn't really get much done this winter. As of the past couple months, I dropped the motor and cleaned it all up. Stripped all wires and electrics off. Rewired some of the harness to either extend them or get rid of them. Decided on a paint scheme and sprayed away over the last week. Using the duplicolor metalcast line. Had to start with the red cuz that's all that was in stock and had to order the other colors online.

Yep was going to do the metalic smoke and blue, but figured it's been done. Just happened to see a trailer for the new movie and figured it's something unique.

And yes it will be fightered. Going to see if I can do a lot of custom stuff to it.

• 3 weeks later...

And now mounted in the frame. Since I had no help, some of paint got chipped, but oh well. This is the only pic, I didnt think to take some before I moved it back to "my" side of the garage. Now which color to do the wheels. Yellow, red, or smoke??

DSCF4521.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm getting more and more excited about it the closer I get to finishing. Haven't done much since, except put the carbs back on. Which by the way is a pain in the ass. Couldn't get all four to seat properly at the same time. Started to work on the wiring the other night, too so we'll see how far I can get with all that.

Still don't know about what color to do the wheels. I guess we'll see when I ge there.progress.gif