Guy on gloss black Katana going south on 71...

Moto-Brian

First, you don't need to be full tuck at 70-75 mph. Second, if you'd sit up, you might not weave as much as you were. You were over exaggerating your lane changes fierce. Even when you changed lanes, you were all over. Probably moving the bike to check mirrors...

Take and sit up so you have more leverage on the bike. Also, consider a riding school...

Christ.

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

Coshocton, and on the way from Newark to Coshocton in particluar.. :lol:

Hey, I resemble that remark...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to tuck a little on the kawi when I'm ~70mph, the wind "shield" throws the wind right at my chest/head...

exactly like me then. you need to be a little taller or a little shorter. on mine the wind hits me perftectly in the neck, just under my helmet and just above my jacket. :mad:

I call BS, your Kawi couldn't do 70 going downhill with a tailwind.

No, that would be our Kawi 250 (although Iknow it's a little bit better than 70) I'm sure her 500 would do a LITTLE bit better.

It seems like on that 250 the wind hits me just exactly where I don't want it to, such as KK, right at the bottom of the helmet. The double bubble windscreen did NOT make it any better, maybe even worse!

anyone else like to do the mangina tuck?

I'll rest my elbows on my knees which puts me in a semi-tucked position, when slabbing it on a straight-away for a while, which gets some wind off my helmet, also. Once I start doing any manuevering, I'll rise back up into a control position that is comfortable, and gives me the best control, which seems to be leaned forward slightly.

Must be a ghey Kanotuna thing. There is a dude that rides by my house just about every day, full tuck, doing 65 banging of the rev limiter. :nono:

i didn't think katanas HAD rev limiters... must have been an upgrade on the 'newest' generation.

No, that would be our Kawi 250 (although Iknow it's a little bit better than 70) I'm sure her 500 would do a LITTLE bit better.

my 500 isn't quite as old, but it does fine at and above 70mph. Realistically, it maxes out about 115mph in 5th gear. 6th just achieves the same speed at a lower RPM (unless you're going down hill, and have a tail wind). You guys with inline 4's in your street bikes are just spoiled :p

Edited by redkow97

i didn't think katanas HAD rev limiters... must have been an upgrade on the 'newest' generation.

my 500 isn't quite as old, but it does fine at and above 70mph. Realistically, it maxes out about 115mph in 5th gear. 6th just achieves the same speed at a lower RPM (unless you're going down hill, and have a tail wind). You guys with inline 4's in your street bikes are just spoiled :p

Sounds about like my Interceptor, although I haven't had the urge, or need to run it up that fast. I'm not that comfortable with the brakes and suspension, so 85 or so is enough for me.

very similar to the interceptor as far as performance, but the interceptor sounds and looks better, and will run longer, not that i'm jealous :p

I got the EX up to ~terminal velocity at a couple trackdays, never on public roads. the 500 keeps me out of trouble on the street, and keeps my 600 feeling fast on weekends :)

:boxing: Catch me if you can... without dumping it of course. I hear Ohio roads love to eat Katanas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :p
Coshocton, and on the way from Newark to Coshocton in particluar.. :lol:

I take these as very real and serious threats and will handle the matter:boxing: as soon as this damned weather stops screwing with us and it warms up!

This.Is.War! :mad:

(Scott! Where are you when I need some back up?! haha)

This is all NONSENSE! I refuse to submit to the hatorade!

No need to submit. At least you're on 2 wheels.

I'm hoping you're not getting too worked up over the ribbing about the Kat! That's just the way things are around here! I get picked on for riding the little 250, but I don't care, it's all in fun.

No need to submit. At least you're on 2 wheels.

I'm hoping you're not getting too worked up over the ribbing about the Kat! That's just the way things are around here! I get picked on for riding the little 250, but I don't care, it's all in fun.

Haha. No worries! I'm just firing back. :D

Everything written on OR.com has to be taken with a grain of salt.

(And for us Katana riders that would actually be 2 grains....

And if its something JRMMiii said, make it 3!) :p

Haha. No worries! I'm just firing back. :D

Everything written on OR.com has to be taken with a grain of salt.

(And for us Katana riders that would actually be 2 grains....

And if its something JRMMiii said, make it 3!) :p

:wtf: I have no idea what you're talking about...... :dunno:

Jason, you learn fast kid... I dont listen to a word that Jrm says anymore... not that i ever did in the first place. :D

porter... grain of salt? problems buddy? :D :D

Thanks thanks! And that's JaYson to you missy! But, just b/c I like you so much I'll just give you a warning this time. ;)

Oh and be nice to porter.... he's a little slow on the intake.