To protect and serve?

Likwid

I don't see that as a big deal too bad the officers are being charged. I have seen abuse and will call it when I see it but this doesn't seem like it rises to that description. He took a few whacks for being stupid and is able to walk away from it. I didn't look into the story deeper but wouldn't expect his injuries to be long lasting.

The worst ass beating I ever took in my life was at the hands of the Cleveland Police Department at the old stadium, for far less than what this guy did and I was beat by more officers for a longer period of time. I was acting like a drunken idiot and needed to be put in my place. No one got into any trouble over it, they held me until I sobered up then sent me on my way bruised up, much more polite and I didn't consider trying to sue anyone over it.

When was this? The bolded part is a sign of how the times have changed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Policeman stages fake arrest of boy for having sex with his daughter

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8026340/Policeman-stages-fake-arrest-of-boy-for-having-sex-with-his-daughter.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEPSh0wVHc0&feature=player_embedded

The case sparked a national debate in the US about whether the officer had abused his position, or was simply acting as a concerned father.

So ORDN, which is it?

Perk of the job. Could be considered abuse of power I suppose but I see no harm in it.

Tony Boskovich, a lawyer for the boy's family, said: "Applying force, applying handcuffs, threatening the young man with things such as rape in prison, he acted like a cowboy. He lost it, he came in and he abused his authority."

However, the officer's lawyer Terry Bowman said the boy's parents had not objected at the time.

I agree with this. Although if it were me, I would have probably just shown up in uniform and scared him that way. No threats or handcuffs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

YouTube Video: St. Louis Cop Shown Beating Suspect

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2011/01/youtube_video_st_louis_cop_beats_suspect.php

Update 3:20 p.m. We've found another video (below) on YouTube that should still play.

Update 2:44 p.m. YouTube has removed the video stating it violates the company's policy of showing "shocking and disgusting content."

Never mind that if you search YouTube for terms such as "knock out, street fight, brawl, etc." you can treat yourself to a wide array of shocking and disgusting footage. The site even hosts a video called

. But when it comes to footage of a police officer beating an unarmed suspect, that's too violent for YouTube? We have a request for comment in with YouTube. Back at ya when -- if -- we hear anything.

Original post follows...

This video just in via YouTube showing a St. Louis police officer beating a suspect at the Shell gas station at I-55 and Arsenal around 2:30 a.m. January 1.

KTVI Fox 2 reports that the police have released the following statement:

"We were first made aware of the video this morning and while all of the circumstances of the incident are not known, what is seen on the video is extremely disturbing to us. Force is to be used only when absolutely necessary and this department takes the use of force very seriously. No one has a filed a complaint regarding this incident, however the department is launching an Internal Affairs investigation immediately and we would urge those involved in the incident to please come forward and relay their eyewitness accounts to the Internal Affairs investigators. We are also making efforts to identify the officer involved who, once identified, will immediately be assigned to administrative duty pending the results of the investigation."

[ame]

[/ame]

Ohio Sheriffs Beat, Repeatedly Taser Diabetic Man

This video shows Hamilton County, Ohio sheriff's deputies beating and repeatedly tasering a 52-year-old diabetic suffering a low blood-sugar attack. A highway patrolman pulled the deputies off the man, but not before they dislocated his shoulder and elbow.

John Harmon, an African-American small business owner in the mostly white Anderson Township, was driving home when his blood sugar dropped to a dangerous level. He weaved into another lane and was spotted by a Hamilton County sheriff's deputy, who assumed Harmon was drunk.

They smashed Harmon's window, cut him out of his seatbelt, threw him to the ground and tasered him repeatedly. A highway patrol trooper arrived and intervened, later reporting the incident to his commanders. Even after learning of Harmon's medical condition the deputies filed charges against him.

After seeing the video above, which is mostly the sound of the incident with few visuals, the officers involved were suspended without pay for a short time and then reassigned to a different part of the county. Harmon is currently suing the sheriff's office and the deputies involved. [Cincinnati Enquirer via AutoBlog]

Video in the link.

500x_highway_patrol_video.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Via: http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2011/01/indianapolis-police-re-file-dui-charges-against-killer-cop/

Indianapolis police re-file DUI charges against killer cop Indy-crash-599x449.jpgIn a case which has created widespread concerns of corruption in the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, DUI charges have been re-filed against a cop who crashed into four motorcyclists in August, killing one and injuring two others. The riders were stopped behind traffic at a red light when David Bisard, allegedly distracted while conducting a personal text conversation despite driving at high speed with sirens and lights on, plowed into them. Police initially bungled the investigation, failing to properly protect evidence and the blood test which revealed Bisard to be over twice the legal limit nearly two hours after the crash was ruled inadmissible.

This is good to see. I was so pissed that Indianapolis had brushed everything under the table that I even decided against going to the MotoGP. Laguna could have my money, Indianapolis wasn't going to get any.

How are they going to proceed, seeing that the sobriety test was "incorrectly applied"?

This is good to see. I was so pissed that Indianapolis had brushed everything under the table that I even decided against going to the MotoGP. Laguna could have my money, Indianapolis wasn't going to get any.

How are they going to proceed, seeing that the sobriety test was "incorrectly applied"?

A new prosecutor just took office and reinstated all charges against the officer.

Have fun in Laguna - that place really sucks balls.:D

The moment innocent man was left with catastrophic brain damage after being tackled by sheriff's deputy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5qlg-EDFCE

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1348678/Innocent-man-catastrophic-brain-damage-sheriffs-deputy-tackle.html#ixzz1Bi1aVB6H

• 1 year later...

It was brought to my attention this happened in San Antonio recently as well...

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=8750941

Even if you hate dogs (or all animals), the amount of time and training of these animals comes at a considerable expense that the taxpayers bear only to be careless with their care.