gixxie750

should churches be taxed?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. should churches be taxed?

• YES!
    • No way its "church"
    • ur freeking going to hell for saying this
    • I dont even care.

I agree to a point, the system in place doesn't work.

Flat tax. Everyone pay their fair share, everyone get equal benefits. I've read plenty on both ends but when we stop treating people differently based on their income, race, sex we will finally get back to "every man created equal"

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your road tax is paid for with fuel purchases. That's why the tax is almost .50¢/gallon. I'd rather see a "toll tax" for traveling than a fuel tax' date=' but that'd cause some serious traffic problems.[/quote']

I could work with that, but if we put in tolls then only the most traveled roads would get the mone.... oh wait, I don't see a problem there.

I don't see that from the right.

You don't see some of the following characteristics from the current figureheads for the neocon party?

Under the "Core Tenents" section of the wiki article you cited:

"Fascists see the struggle of nation and race as fundamental in society' date=' in opposition to communism's perception of class struggle."

"Italian fascists described expansionist imperialism as a necessity....Fascists oppose pacifism and believe that a nation must have a warrior mentality."

"fascism tends to be anti-intellectual."

"Fascist government in Italy banned literature on birth control and increased penalties on abortion in 1926, declaring them both crimes against the state."

"Fascism tends to promote principles of masculine heroism, militarism, and discipline; and rejects cultural pluralism and multiculturalism."

"Italian Fascism involved corporatism, a political system in which economy is collectively managed by employers, workers and state officials by formal mechanisms at national level."

------------------------

I'm not saying it's wholly neocon, because there's some dem platform stuff too. I'm just saying that when people call figureheads 'fascist's that they're usually right on some level just because the Fascism movement is full of seemingly contradictory platforms. Which, makes the whole name calling silly, but I digress.

I just liked the Sinclair's quote.

"Religion is the opiate of the masses" ~Marx

I could work with that, but if we put in tolls then only the most traveled roads would get the mone.... oh wait, I don't see a problem there.

Oh but it's jsut so simple... continual GPS tracking. The system would know exactly how many miles you drove on each and every rode.

Don't worry... big brother wont watch those logs...

bahahahahahhaha were all gonna die

Oh but it's jsut so simple... continual GPS tracking. The system would know exactly how many miles you drove on each and every rode.

Don't worry... big brother wont watch those logs...

bahahahahahhaha were all gonna die

Heh, that's the usage based insurance model.... seems to work pretty well for some people.

I work for Progressive but I do not speak for them and my opinion is my own.

Flat tax. Everyone pay their fair share, everyone get equal benefits. I've read plenty on both ends but when we stop treating people differently based on their income, race, sex we will finally get back to "every man created equal"

This unfortunately may be the best option. Personally I'd like a system that is based on usage, but that system would be huge and costly in its self. In the end it's probably impractical. It also wouldn't provide for things you may not use directly.

This thread has taken too many turns since I last looked at it. Once again I blame Justin for fucking it all up, now it would take me a very long time to make all the comments I want to make. Fuck that shit I have work to do.

I agree with Gixies premise but don't agree with any of his logic behind it. This conversation has expanded into other topics in the same way religion is enter twined with all aspects of life just as money and politics are.

I am now unable to move on to the other topics because I haven't been able to change everyone else’s mind to match mine on the OP. This does not work for me you are all supposed to listen to me and bend to my will. Quit having original thoughts and moving things along at your own pace, it is getting very frustrating.

I'm not sure how these bigger churches are supplying the money for the building. We only have about 100 regular attendees in ours and we just renovated our sanctuary for the first time since 1970 something. It cost around 300,000. We did a special offering twice a month designating on the check it was to go toward building fund. We didn't start building untill we had all the money. We made no changes to regular giving. We also do have a food pantry that is open two days out of the month to give 3 meals a day for 7 days. We are feeding close to 300 people on that. We might not be like most churches that have a lot of paid staff. We only have one paid person, the pastor. There is churches around here that don't even pay the preacher.

Yeah' date=' that's my bad. Sorry. :lol:[/quote']

:asshole::lol:

no, no , no...churches get their money from people (members) after they are taxed. So the government taxes the same dollar twice? look at it this way. Its more of a scam that the government is taxing the dollar twice than the church not getting taxed at all. :)

:plus1: I get taxed on my income (Fed, state, local S.D., Social INsecurity, etc...) then most of what I buy get's taxed. When I pay my rent, I'm sure my landlord pays taxes on the very same $$$ that I got taxed on. I don't know what a good solution is, but what we have in place now is obviously not working out. There are budget deficits on every level, across the country, and it's getting worse, not better!

Where is the change? I'm still waiting.....

No' date=' they shouldn't be taxed because they don't produce taxable goods/services. You are upset about being taxed, as well you should be, but the taxes you are forced to pay are morally unjust. You shouldn't be forced to pay a tax on your labor, but making the church pay taxes so you can feel better is definitely not the right solution to this problem.[/quote']

Well said!

Yes. Anyone that can put out a pamphlet, lobby, and have an influence in goverment should be taxed. Religion is selling slalvation I just don't buy in. So they should be taxed. The charities that they support or should be a tax wright off for them. Most of the work is done with volounteers and donation. The land they sit on should be taxed. THe structures should be taxed and calll it an operating expence.

Sorry about the spelling, grammar, and punctuation. working replied on the quick.