what factors in when ordering pizza  

56 members have voted

1. 1. what factors in when ordering pizza

• price
    • taste/quility
    • service/previous experience
    • other/explain please

I am reexamining my business model since the economy down turn,

As some of you know I own a Pizza Place and I am curious on what you factor in when ordering pizza,

Grandmas Pizza

1242 parsons ave.

614 449 0777

website coming soon(I hope)

Edited by rick37
added text

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well.. umm.. I like banana peppers...

If I order banana peppers and you give me the cores on my pizza instead of the pepper rings it really pisses me off.

I know it takes an extra few seconds not to give people cores instead of quality ingredients they paid for but.. COME ON!

okay.. end rant.

What type of customer are you TRYING to attract?

I'm value driven. I can get a $5 hot-n-ready Little Ceasars Large cheese pizza. Not spectacularly blow-my-mind tasting, but good value for $5.

This is also why I like CiCi's. I definitely get my money's worth on any type of pizza buffet.

But, I'm only one type of customer... I know people more than willing to pay $18 for a large pizza if it's got a premium taste. So, you need to determine who you're going to target in your geographic area.

well.. umm.. I like banana peppers...

If I order banana peppers and you give me the cores on my pizza instead of the pepper rings it really pisses me off.

I know it takes an extra few seconds not to give people cores instead of quality ingredients they paid for but.. COME ON!

okay.. end rant.

I whole heartedly agree I had a employee that kept doing this time and time again and they persisted on putting the core in the pie and I gave them the option of eating the core or get fired. They are no longer there

price

taste/quility

service/previous experience

D- all the above. I'm not saying you should sell a premium pie for $5, but, all the successful shops around here give you a CONSISTENTLY good pizza for a good price.

It doesnt hurt if you deliver beer.

What type of customer are you TRYING to attract?

I'm value driven. I can get a $5 hot-n-ready Little Ceasars Large cheese pizza. Not spectacularly blow-my-mind tasting, but good value for $5.

This is also why I like CiCi's. I definitely get my money's worth on any type of pizza buffet.

But, I'm only one type of customer... I know people more than willing to pay $18 for a large pizza if it's got a premium taste. So, you need to determine who you're going to target in your geographic area.

Our target market is everyone,,In reality I know thats impossible so I target budget minded people that don't mind paying a few extra dollars for a better product. But with the economy the way its a bitch. So after the first of the year we are going to start with the social groups,twitter,facebook etc. Hopefully our main office will have our website up.

I target budget minded people that don't mind paying a few extra dollars for a better product.

What makes your product $x.xx better than $5 Little Ceasars?

I think you're going after a non-existent market, but that's just my opinion. Budget-minded folks will go for budget pizza. Premium folks go for premium pizza. So, I guess my understanding is...you're going after people that want - mid grade pizza?

How often do you think gas stations sell mid-grade gas as compared to regular unleaded and premium unleaded? It's a solution to a market no one is in.

I say go for a cheap good pizza. I have 4 pizza joints in my area and I, 99% of the time, go for the cheap good pizza.

Zanzis = cheap cardboard

Dominos = cheap good

Donatos = pricey good, but I'm not a thin crust guy.

Papa johns = pricey good... I will get this once in a while, but why pay double for a pizza I can get cheaper that satifies my hunger for pizza? I'm a Dominos buyer, but in my area Dominos is good. It's not great but it works for the price. Zanzis is the same price as Dominos but I'm not going there cause it's terrible. I see a lot of people going there though cause it has to do with taste as well. So, cheap, good taste in my opinon.

What makes your product $x.xx better than $5 Little Ceasars?

I think you're going after a non-existent market, but that's just my opinion. Budget-minded folks will go for budget pizza. Premium folks go for premium pizza. So, I guess my understanding is...you're going after people that want - mid grade pizza?

How often do you think gas stations sell mid-grade gas as compared to regular unleaded and premium unleaded? It's a solution to a market no one is in.

Valid point I already have a established customer base but I like every other business I am going after a bigger share of the pie, So since i don't have the funds of the big 3 1/2 to splash my place all over the boob tube, billboards and radio. I have to take different routes to get my name out there.

And just for kicks I will add that I am trying to rebound(get energized) after being burnt out on the business, Therefore thats why I am asking for input from a customer stand point.

I had to vote for other. It's a quality vs. price vs. what I'm in the mood for equation.

We have a great pizza shop here in J-town, Villa Pizza. Quality is great, and price is very competitve. They don't deliver, carry out only. If I'm lazy, we have Domino's. Not the greatest, but get's the job done. I really like Donato's, but not enough to justify the price (very often) so we get the take n bake from Kroger once in a while. There's a good quality local shop a few miles away that we also hit when we want a fairly cheap dinner out, The Pizza Place in Croton, which is owned by friends/customers where I work.

Then we have my top pick, which is Plaza Pizza in Newark. I LOVE that pie! Some of the best I've ever had, and the price is pretty low! Downside, it's a half hour drive each way for me now that I've moved to J-town.

I know my answer may not be of much help, but I really do get pizza from several places, depending on when we're getting it, and the situation around the meal. If it were closer, I would likely be getting Plaza most of the time though!

As a side note, bad service will sour me on a place for quite a while, even if I really like the product. Fortunately, most of the local shop are what I like best, and they seem to take the most pride in what they do, and that (usually) automatically equals good service.

Grandma's? Same as the one in Grandview? I loved that place when I lived there.

What road was it on./

I also thought about starting a mystery shopper program for my store, I would like to know how my customers are treated when I am not there.

Where is your place at? I've been wanting to check it out sometime.

I would have to agree with porter about customer service. Customer service is what keeps places like starbucks going. Yes they have great coffee, but who wants to spend that kind of money on freakin coffee? Customer service FTW!! Lol...

I also thought about starting a mystery shopper program for my store, I would like to know how my customers are treated when I am not there.

don't pay any company to do that. I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would go and let you know....