gaming computer + peripherals

justin0469

AMD Athlon 64-bit X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

Liquid cooled CPU

Clear case

2GB RAM (Fine for average users, might need to upgrade for serious gamers)

Dual 256MB NVidia GeForce 6800 GS - configured for SLI

160GB SATA Hard drive

Two DVD-RW/CD-RW drives

Floppy drive

Temp display w/ remote start

Microsoft Windows XP x64 (64-bit)

Microsoft Office 2007

Includes PS2 keyboard and USB optical mouse, software drivers, restore CD, OS key

Freshly formatted and rebuilt using restore CD. Also installed AVG antivirus.

Optional:

Samsung 2253BW 22" Widescreen LCD monitor - 2ms response time, 8000:1 contrast ratio - add $150

Logitech X-530 5.1 surround sound (5 speakers + sub) - add $75

FEAR & FEAR Extraction Point - add $50

Manhunt - add $20

Decent desk I paid $180 for - add $50

Built a couple years ago for $2000, but it's just been hangin out on my desk for months without being used.

price edit: $500 PM any offer

Edited by justin0469
price drop

Not to rain on your parade but seems a little on the high side given the processor, ram, HDD etc. is a bit dated.

Your processor has a passmark score of about 1000 compared to current systems in the same price range with passmark scores of 3000 or better and comparable to superior video with system memory of 6 - 8 GB of ram.

I use to build systems myself and they get dated VERY quickly. It's generally better to just keep it as a second machine, put it on a home network or something.

what did i say? im taking offers. i know it's dated but it'll still play today's games

I think he was trying to be polite and let you know that your asking price is a bit high. Usually when someone says they are taking offers they are looking for offers around the asking price. Good luck with the sale

It's clear it was bad assed when he built it. SLI 6800s and water cooling. That's serious shit, but like everyone else said, computers depreciate really fast. If I could buy a middle of the road PC today for even the same price let alone less I would becaused used computer hardware is a pain in the butt. No less, good luck with the sale. I'll now take this opportunity to whore pics of my current set up. LOL

IMG_0701.jpg

11833_209351694361_661754361_295710.jpg

It's not water cooled but it has

GTX-260 video card

8 gig DDR2 Ram

Intel e8400 processor

3x 1TB drives in a RAID 5 (1.8TB)

1x 10kRPM 150GB drive (for OS)

EVGA FTW edition nvidia 780i chipset motherboard

850 watt antec PSU

Antec p182 case

And some other stuff like blue LED fans. :)

First system I've built since my AMD athlon 2600 PC with 266 FSB. I built it last year.

Antec cases are nice. I have a Sonata 3 (?) case, came with an Earthwatt 500 watt power supply. Mine's an Athlon X2 5000 black edition, overclocked a little, I can't remember how much :lol:) Geforce 8800GT Vid Card, 4 GB DDR2, Raptor 74 (was 2 of them striped) primary drive, and 2 or 3 others, dual DVD-r, etc.... I also have a second system that's now my Home Server, with about 2 TB of space. All that and I pretty much use nothing but the laptop!

Antec cases are nice. I have a Sonata 3 (?) case, came with an Earthwatt 500 watt power supply. Mine's an Athlon X2 5000 black edition, overclocked a little, I can't remember how much :lol:) Geforce 8800GT Vid Card, 4 GB DDR2, Raptor 74 (was 2 of them striped) primary drive, and 2 or 3 others, dual DVD-r, etc.... I also have a second system that's now my Home Server, with about 2 TB of space. All that and I pretty much use nothing but the laptop!

Sounds better than what I currently have. I need an upgrade.

That's an awesome set-up. I was thinking of building another myself using an Antec 900 case. Antec makes some nice cases. I have a dual monitor system but a triple??? Too cool.. hmmm.. makes me want to start that much sooner.

If you count the projector it is a 4 monitor set up right now. I've been running dual forever but recently moved the set up downstairs. Needed a new video card so I could connect to the projector, so I got a 2nd dual head card and hooked up 1 of the 21" CRTs I had laying around as well. Either way, hopefully I can keep this system as long as I did the last one. That was the idea anyway.

I have a laptop and so does my fiance but I mostly use this machine. It's good for surfing and such, but also is nice when editing videos and photos, I like to play HL2 DM on it as well. Now it will be good for putting youtube on the projector ;)

Edited by vw151

If you count the projector it is a 4 monitor set up right now. I've been running dual forever but recently moved the set up downstairs. Needed a new video card so I could connect to the projector, so I got a 2nd dual head card and hooked up 1 of the 21" CRTs I had laying around as well. Either way, hopefully I can keep this system as long as I did the last one. That was the idea anyway.

I have a laptop and so does my fiance but I mostly use this machine. It's good for surfing and such, but also is nice when editing videos and photos, I like to play HL2 DM on it as well. Now it will be good for putting youtube on the projector ;)

Can you even get a video card that's NOT dual headed anymore? It seems the majority of them are! I've tossed around the idea of another 8800gt, or something better to play crysis and move the 8800gt to the home server for folding.

Anyway, enough for the :hijack: Good luck with finding a buyer, OP!

Can you even get a video card that's NOT dual headed anymore? It seems the majority of them are! I've tossed around the idea of another 8800gt, or something better to play crysis and move the 8800gt to the home server for folding.

Anyway, enough for the :hijack: Good luck with finding a buyer, OP!

Haha, totally thread jacked. But at least it's getting bumped regularly.

I thought about going with a 2nd GTX-260 to run in SLI also but they are still $200. My motherboard can support 3xSLI. But frankly, 1 GTX-260 is already more horsepower than I can use for now. I just got a $35 nvidia 8400 dual head for the 2 extra displays, and surprisingly yes, you can still get non-dual head cards, but they are usually low profile and usually have pins to add a ribbon style vga connector, so I guess they are still technically dual head.

BTW, to those talking about antec cases. I totally agree, my last case was an antec as well. The P182 is the most solidly constructed case I've ever owned. It is very sturdy and very classy in style. I've had so many cases that were so poorly constructed, sharp edges and thin sheet metal that bends easily. You get what you pay for that is for sure.

Edited by vw151

BTW, to those talking about antec cases. I totally agree, my last case was an antec as well. The P182 is the most solidly constructed case I've ever owned. It is very sturdy and very classy in style. I've had so many cases that were so poorly constructed, sharp edges and thin sheet metal that bends easily. You get what you pay for that is for sure.

Just thinking back a little, cheap $20-30 cases USED to be built like tanks (they were PC beige though) and even had decent power supplies with them!

Just thinking back a little, cheap $20-30 cases USED to be built like tanks (they were PC beige though) and even had decent power supplies with them!

haha you are totally right. Now $20-30 gets you a Chinese made flimsy case with a handle on the top a window on the side and florescent lights inside it. You can actually get a decent antec for $50ish. The case I got was just really well made and thought out and I'm a sucker for quality.

Can you even get the beige standard box PCs anymore, even dells are kinda fancy looking compared to the old days.

I had another CRT monitor laying around. I had to do it. 4 monitors 1 projector for 5 displays. :( I have problems.

displaysettings.jpg

I might be able to take a couple of those monitors and perhaps a projector or two. Just to help you clean up the room, don't chaya know.

Just trying to help you out with this problem. :D

Geek? sometime last Summer I realized at work that I had 4 or 5 computers running on 3 monitors, with a pile of over 20 broken computers waiting for repair. All around my desk. I have got to lighten up. Give that stuff to somebody else to fix. Most all were fixed, and now there's a half dozen new ones to fix up. Not counting a dozen or two new ones already done and gone. And those are just the ones with serious hardware problems. The software and dead hard drive stuff gets gone the same day it arrives. It never ends...

You don't even want to know what I got at home. There isn't enough AC power to run them all... not with TV and stuff on the same circuit. Gotta move it all to another room, argh...

edit: actually, I tore it all down already, to move it all, and start over. Just one old computer, one old laptop, and the new netbook right now. whew, what a mess. But it's all nice and neat on the desk now.

Edited by ReconRat

Geek? sometime last Summer I realized at work that I had 4 or 5 computers running on 3 monitors, with a pile of over 20 broken computers waiting for repair. All around my desk. I have got to lighten up. Give that stuff to somebody else to fix. Most all were fixed, and now there's a half dozen new ones to fix up. Not counting a dozen or two new ones already done and gone. And those are just the ones with serious hardware problems. The software and dead hard drive stuff gets gone the same day it arrives. It never ends...

You don't even want to know what I got at home. There isn't enough AC power to run them all... not with TV and stuff on the same circuit. Gotta move it all to another room, argh...

That makes me feel MUCH less geeky! :lol: