.380 shells

ChickOn2

.380 has been the worse ammo to find. alot of people think it has to do with all ammo manufactures making 9mm for the military for war purposes. i think it's supply vs demand.

in any case, .380 is probably the hardest to find right now.

Gun shows it where I have found it for others.

Is the Cobra the little 2 round Derringer?

nah, the one I have is the 3 and a half inch 10-round.

I saw that Derringer, but I didn't too much care for it...? I think my hands are made wrong for it. I didn't feel confident that I could avoid the moving parts, in regard to where I need to place my hands to hold it securely while firing.

nah, the one I have is the 3 and a half inch 10-round.

I saw that Derringer, but I didn't too much care for it...? I think my hands are made wrong for it. I didn't feel confident that I could avoid the moving parts, in regard to where I need to place my hands to hold it securely while firing.

Oh cool. I haven't shot that one but I've seen them. 10 rounds is definitely better than having to rely on just 2 IMHO. I'll shoot you a message if I run across any 380.

380 at every store around here but it is way to far from you?! Sorry! And yeah the 380 is so hard to find cause they stopped production for awhile to make 9mm. they use the same dies for 380/9mm. They have started to make it again but its gonna take awhile to get back to all markets.

380 at every store around here but it is way to far from you?! Sorry! And yeah the 380 is so hard to find cause they stopped production for awhile to make 9mm. they use the same dies for 380/9mm. They have started to make it again but its gonna take awhile to get back to all markets.

Yeah Berea is a little ways from me LOL

But dangit, if I had known, I would have just gotten the 9mm! But do they have that it PINK. I mean let's focus on what's important here :lol:

why the heck are .380 shells so hard to find? :confused: I have been everywhere!

I got the cutest pink Cobra for pre-Christmas and now I can't even take it to the range because I can't find any ammo to practice with! <<insert extra pouty face!!>>

Suckage!

pre-Christmas??? That's cheating!!

I have a closet full of .380ACP. I think Fin/Feather&Fur has some in stock. Maybe not' date=' but it's worth the call.[/quote']

I was just at the Fin on Friday.....

Have you tried the shooting range you are going to be shooting at? They usually have it if you buy range time. I haven't seen any in over a year except at the range.

Yeah.. I normally go to Lauhorner in Springfield off I-70, he says he has bup-kiss in the .380 size until after the first of the year, and even so, they are going for $30-$40 a box?!?? :eek:

Your 9mm idea is starting to sound better with 380 at that price! I have a 380 that sits for this very reason. I have seen none of it anywhere for over a year while at the same time have picked up close to 3,000 rounds of 9mm at local WalMarts. 100 rounds of 380 could buy you some pretty custom pink grips.

Mail order may be your best bet.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that .380 isn't a high production round to begin with. 9mm dies are different from .380, as the bullet profiles and lengths are different as well as the case diameter so the whole "switch production to 9mm with the same dies" doesn't add up.

Have you tried the shooting range you are going to be shooting at? They usually have it if you buy range time. I haven't seen any in over a year except at the range.

yeah Target World has some at $22/box. I just refuse to pay that much when I can get 9 mm for $9.87/box. I'll wait until it comes down.