ADT Yard Signs & Window Stickers!

SWing'R

I've got TWO used ADT Security Yard Signs and SIX new ADT window decals to part with!

Looking to sell them like this...

- $25 for ONE Yard sign, THREE decals

- $25 for ONE Yard sign, THREE decals

or

- $40 for both signs and all six decals <----- DEAL !!!!!!!

The yard signs are used, but in fine shape, the decals are brand new.

Will accept cash or Paypal only. Will deliver for free to anywhere in the greater Columbus area.

Anywhere else, wer're gonna have to work somethin out.

i dont know if its true for house systems as car alarms but i spent 5-6 years installing alarms and knew how to get around all of them and I would tell people not to put the little stickers in the window because that tells them how to get around it.

An ADT sign just tells thieves to break in a window and stay out of main halls or living rooms. 90% of the ADT systems are only on the doors and 1 motion in the living room or hall.

I know this because after the ADT customer gets broken into and their system doesn't do it's job, they call me. I have to tell them, that's what you get for buying a $99 alarm. Once they get out of that 3 year or 5 year, revolving contract, I put in a full system for them.

An ADT sign just tells thieves to break in a window and stay out of main halls or living rooms. 90% of the ADT systems are only on the doors and 1 motion in the living room or hall.

I know this because after the ADT customer gets broken into and their system doesn't do it's job, they call me. I have to tell them, that's what you get for buying a $99 alarm. Once they get out of that 3 year or 5 year, revolving contract, I put in a full system for them.

Would your name happen to be Dave Moody?

Thats a pretty big assumption on the crooks part. Also thats assuming that crook has done any research on alarm systems

and is not just a crack head looking for an "opportunity".

ANY yard sign or decal from ANY company is worth having as it puts some hesitation into the mind of the crook.

Do I take my chances with this house (they have security signs/decals) or do I try the house next door that has no signs?

Bottom line is not ALL installations are the same whether it be ADT or any other company, you can not say for "sure" that

just because someone has a ADT sign that they only have "two doors and a motion sensor". There are so many possibilities for customization.

\

Bottom line is not ALL installations are the same whether it be ADT or any other company' date=' you can not say for "sure" that

just because someone has a ADT sign that they only have "two doors and a motion sensor". There are so many possibilities for customization.[/quote']

Chances of a worthless 2 door and a motion system are extremely great with an ADT system since that is ADT's main objective.

They "give away" their basic systems for $99 so they can get that $40/mo. for 3 years contract. They go after the uneducated customers and leave them with an expensive and false sense of security.

Chances of a worthless 2 door and a motion system are extremely great with an ADT system since that is ADT's main objective.

They "give away" their basic systems for $99 so they can get that $40/mo. for 3 years contract. They go after the uneducated customers and leave them with an expensive and false sense of security.

Yeah I know. But there's no way of knowing who took an upgrade or not. Lets also not forget that "something" is better then "nothing".

Anyway, this is getting away from the simple fact that I just need to sell the signs and stickers I have folks! :D

C'mon, can you help a guy out, I need some extra $$$$$$

Yeah I know. But there's no way of knowing who took an upgrade or not. Lets also not forget that "something" is better then "nothing".

Anyway' date=' this is getting away from the simple fact that I just need to sell the signs and stickers I have folks! :D

C'mon, can you help a guy out, I need some extra $$$$$$[/quote']

I feel ya bro. Just givin you shit and taking every opportunity to explain to people why the big alarm companies are just after their $ and dont have their best interest, or security, in mind.

I feel ya bro. Just givin you shit...

I know. But in all truthfullness I just need the cash.

Had to downgrade some of our cable and phone services today to save some extra money each month,

thank goodness for MagicJack :D also signed papers today for a personal loan to help out. All this cause

we didn't have shit in the bank for savings and our car up and took a shit so were droppin big $$ on that

tryin to get it repaired; and renting a car until its repaired! FML!!

What happened to the car?

Its in the shop for the third time in two weeks.

Started with a engine light comin on, then later engine light started flashing and the car was running badly.

We took it to our normal shop, code read "cynlinder misfire". The car has +112K miles on it with original plugs/wires,

they checked it out and it was not firing right, they replaced the plugs and wires and we got it back. First repair.... $235

A few days later, on the way out of town for Xmas the light came on again, we turned around and stopped at the shop,

they read the code, it said "warm start catalytic converter efficiency trouble", they turned off the light and said it should

be okay and to bring it back if it came back on.

The light came back on while we were out of town but it ran okay, we brought it back to the shop after coming back home,

they said it was the catalytic converter, we left it with them to have this replaced. Couple days later we picked it up, second repair.... $1,185

The very next day, on my wifes way to work, yep, you guessed it....the light comes back on and starts flashing and the engine starts running like shit!

We were not happy :mad:

So, its back at the shop where they are now going to be replacing the REAR convertor, supposedly at no cost to us, not holding my breathe on that.

In the meantime, we've been blowin $27/day on a rental car.

LOL, should have bought a car warranty.... LOL sorry couldn't resist. (sarcasm, car warranties are such a huge scam)

GL David, sorry but I'm in the camp of "don't advertise you have something to protect" but I'll pass the word around at work.

$1200 on a cat? WTF?? I'd say they owe you a free repair at this point having taken you for $1400 and its still not fixed.

Where did you take it so others can avoid?

This place has actually always treated us well so I'm not gonna blame them for anything just yet,

and I feel they'll keep their word about making this repair at no cost to us. And I think the price we paid for the cat conv was

about normal for this repair(actually a little less) on this car ('02 Mazda Protege5) based on things I read on a Mazda forum where

people with the same car had the same problem. BTW, they also replaced two O2 sensors as well under that $1100.

For the record though, its Boyd's Goodyear in Hilliard.