In God we trust is gone.

Gump

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just so fucking tired of these "christians" thinking that they have some type of devine right to force feed their views on others. Hello, crusades...... didn't work out so well for King Richard the Lion Hearted, now did it? As a christian, when you read the bible and it refers to the Jews as your god's chosen people, do you cringe a little bit?

How does it make you feel to know that Jesus was a Jew, but the Jews insist that the christian version of Jesus was not and is not the messiah?

I'm just saying.... As far as religions go, christianity is the new kid on the block.

Don't even get me started on the bible.. A collection of stories written by man in one language, ordered translated into English by King James during the period of "Devine Right of Kings".... You seriously can't be basing your entire existence on that collection short stories.

All I stated was the fact that this country was founded on Christian principles. Right or wrong in your eyes doesnt matter.

just because YOU believe it does not make it a fact... Again, whom are you claiming as the founders of this country?

just because YOU believe it does not make it a fact... Again, whom are you claiming as the founders of this country?

:wtf: So, what you are saying is you've never read a fucking history book?

Ever heard of the Masons? Its sort of a Christian organization and had a little something to do with the founding of this country.

Of the forty signers of the Constitution, nine were known Masons, 13 exhibited evidence of Masonic membership, and six more later became Masons.

"On 11 June, (the Continental) Congress appointed a committee to draft a declaration of independence. Of the five men on this committee, two - Franklin and...Robert Livingston - were Freemasons, and one, Robert Sherman, is believed, though not confirmed, to have been. The other two, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams - were not, despite subsequent claims to the contrary. The text of the declaration was composed by Jefferson. It was submitted to Congress and accepted on 4 July 1776. The nine signatories who can now be established as proven Freemasons, and the ten who were possibly so, included such influential figures as Washington, Franklin and, of course, the president of the Congress, John Hancock. The army, moreover, remained almost entirely in Freemasonic hands...As we shall see, it is in the Constitution that the influence of Freemasonry is most discernible...

Just because you wish something to be untrue doesnt make it a fact either dude.

Don't forget Christian "principles" are based off Judaism.

Thats cool, whatever. I'm not a biblethumper, but the facts are what they are. This country was founded on Christian principles by people with Christian principles. Like it or not, its been well documented.

Thats cool, whatever. I'm not a biblethumper, but the facts are what they are. This country was founded on Christian principles by people with Christian principles. Like it or not, its been well documented.

It's also well documented that Jesus never preached anyone act any way other than be a good Jew. So you're arguing that the founders were either Jews or Deists.

Also, you ARE a biblethumper, you just aren't willing to admit it :D

Also, you ARE a biblethumper, you just aren't willing to admit it :D

You really dont know me at all, do you. :roll:

I just love how you lefties want to jump all over anyone who even mentions something remotely christian.

What a bunch of fags.

Southpark_Fags_3.jpg

Edited by max power

k, just so I understand. If you feel the bill of rights is interpreted incorrectly on the 1st ammendment you're a lefty, but if you feel the same way about the 2nd ammendment you're a righty.

Or is it just whenever you feel someone is saying something you don't like? This is all very confusing.

Ever heard of the Masons? Its sort of a Christian organization and had a little something to do with the founding of this country.

Of the forty signers of the Constitution, nine were known Masons, 13 exhibited evidence of Masonic membership, and six more later became Masons.

"On 11 June, (the Continental) Congress appointed a committee to draft a declaration of independence. Of the five men on this committee, two - Franklin and...Robert Livingston - were Freemasons, and one, Robert Sherman, is believed, though not confirmed, to have been. The other two, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams - were not, despite subsequent claims to the contrary. The text of the declaration was composed by Jefferson. It was submitted to Congress and accepted on 4 July 1776. The nine signatories who can now be established as proven Freemasons, and the ten who were possibly so, included such influential figures as Washington, Franklin and, of course, the president of the Congress, John Hancock. The army, moreover, remained almost entirely in Freemasonic hands...As we shall see, it is in the Constitution that the influence of Freemasonry is most discernible...

Just because you wish something to be untrue doesnt make it a fact either dude.

I watched National Treasure today. The first and second ones.

several members of my family are Freemasons, and trust me, they are not a Christian group. There is plenty in our history books that has been proven false and inaccurate.

I'm a strict Constitutionalist which is why I'm not a democrat or republican. I cannot find one reference to god or a specific religion in the Constitution or Bill of Rights. So when I hear this theory that this country was founded on christian principals I call BS. This country was founded on freedom. Freedom of religion/state sponsored/personal and freedom from religion, after all Athiesm did exist back then (Ben Franklin,) I understand many of the founders believed in god but that doesnt mean this country was founded on a specific religion if so it would have contradicted everything they fought for. Most of the founders were smart enough to keep their religion out of the voting booth. Thomas Jefferson said the only thing a politician should say when asked about his religious beliefs and that is "My religion is known to my god and myself alone." The man never once said he was a Christian, hell some of the founders were deist and athiest. he may have quoted the bible but that doesn't make him a Christian. (He understood that religion is a personal matter not a public one like you see today.) Besides I can quote the quran, does that make me a muslim? The problem today is people are taking there religious beliefs to the voting booth, and that is the most un-American thing you can do, completely ignoring the very reason why the pilgrims were exiled from England to begin with. In doing so we end up possibly creating a theocracy. Imo believing in god is one thing and believing in religion is another. We can sit here and talk about the artifacts in the supreme court etc etc. But those things were put in place after most of the founders were gone by men who decided to turn this country into something it was never supposed to be.The fact that in god we trust was put on currency proves this. The founders would have never approved of this because god is a decisive/divisive word. Which is why it was removed from the original draft of the Declaration of Independence. I agree with the 86% of people believing in god. But that doesn't mean they're Christian. I find too many people hold their allegiance to their fairytale and not the document that gave them the right to do so. I wouldn't go as far and call a fellow citizen who exercises their rights a racist etc etc you either use your rights or lose them

Edited by AOW