SWing'R mobile repair saga continues....

SWing'R

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it on. If the problem is resolved it will go out on its own. It seems that every time you turn that light off the car starts to run like shit' date=' so leave it on!!! :lol:[/quote']

:plus1: After a few trips (warm up and drive cycles) it will clear IF the problem no longer happens. It will stay in memory for around 50 trips, but the light will go off, as long as the problem doesn't happen again.

Update..... so I just talked to the Mgr @ Boyds, I'm gonna take it back in to them on Friday,

at that time they are gonna replace the ignition coils and cables, not sure who's gonna pay for it yet,

we didn't discuss that, I get the impression it may be another freebie cause they seem as frustrated about this as I am.

Don, I'll request the "actual" codes from them when it goes back. I'm tryin to get Friday off so "I" can

take it back and stay there with it to put some pressure on them by me being there waiting on it. :beating:

whats this BS on the first repair?

Air Intake System Cleaning Service : $59.95

Seriously, $60 at this point almost seems like a drop in the bucket, but 60 bucks is 60 bucks. Always. Ask. Questions. Is that cleaning service needed? I thought I needed new plugs and wires? What do you clean?

Good luck with your car, but if it does end up being a coil then they fucked up real bad. If you still have the misfire, your new cats are going to get ruined too. AND if it turns out to be the coil I'd be getting some of the labor cost back and asking for them to cover a % of the rental.

whats this BS on the first repair?

Air Intake System Cleaning Service : $59.95

Seriously, $60 at this point almost seems like a drop in the bucket, but 60 bucks is 60 bucks. Always. Ask. Questions. Is that cleaning service needed? I thought I needed new plugs and wires? What do you clean?

Probably the MAF sensor. Cleaning will sometimes bandaid a dirty sensor for a while, but most of the time when we get one that has a problem, even from K&N oil, it has to eventually get replaced. We also do a throttle body cleaning service to get rid of the carbon that builds up on the back of the throttle plate, and the throttle bore. On some applications it gets bad enough to make the throttle hard to open, and I even saw one rip off a deflector that's on the bottom of the throttle plate, causing the throttle to stick!

Probably the MAF sensor. Cleaning will sometimes bandaid a dirty sensor for a while, but most of the time when we get one that has a problem, even from K&N oil, it has to eventually get replaced. We also do a throttle body cleaning service to get rid of the carbon that builds up on the back of the throttle plate, and the throttle bore. On some applications it gets bad enough to make the throttle hard to open, and I even saw one rip off a deflector that's on the bottom of the throttle plate, causing the throttle to stick!

Yeah, I know what that crap is, but I was just trying to get the wheels turning in SWing's head. Chances are they just did it without looking to see if it actually needed it, but hey why not? its another $60 for them. The throttle body wasn't SWing's problem, so why are they "fixing" something that isn't a problem or the reason he brought the car to them

Yeah, I know what that crap is, but I was just trying to get the wheels turning in SWing's head. Chances are they just did it without looking to see if it actually needed it, but hey why not? its another $60 for them. The throttle body wasn't SWing's problem, so why are they "fixing" something that isn't a problem or the reason he brought the car to them

Yeah, I agree. FIX the problem, THEN suggest other maintenance that may be needed, and the importance of said maintenance.

Edited by jporter12
Typo

At this point it doesn't really matter to me the money we spent thus far,

I just want it to be fixed, I got Friday off so I'll be taking it in myself and hanging around in their waiting room.

I just don't want to sink any MORE money into it at this time for THIS problem. If something else comes up later so be it,

I'm stuck with the car for a couple more years now until I get a personal loan and my bike loan paid down.

I can think of about 10 things right off the top of my head that'd I'd rather spend my Friday day off doing.

Well who couldn't. :rolleyes: But none of those things are more important than getting our car fixed.

Its my wife's only means of transportation to/from work, at least during the winter. Its gotta be done.

Shoot me a PM after friday and let me know what you find out. If I had the ability to scan it I would throw it on the dyno and put a heavy load on the car. I would think then the problem could be found.

Oh how I wish we had a dyno for driveability work! Dyno's aren't ONLY for measuring horsepower! A dyno, a good scan tool or scan software, and a 5-gas analyzer and you can fix just about all driveability problems, as long as you know what you're looking for in the information!

Update..... some good news. The engine light was OFF when Melissa started it up to leave work.

She made it home, the light never came on and the car drove okay.

Also, I forgot to mention, while we were out at Walmart last night i picked up a bottle of

fuel injector cleaner and we threw that in the tank and topped off last night. Just sayin,

not that it made any difference, just forgot about it.

:DThanks for the support everyone. I can tell you that I am so stressed out over this crap. My hubby tends to explode sometimes and that doesn't help either. I hope that this trip to Good Year on Friday will fix the problem. If it doesn't I am going sell the car. After all it is my car!:D

:DThanks for the support everyone. I can tell you that I am so stressed out over this crap. My hubby tends to explode sometimes and that doesn't help either. I hope that this trip to Good Year on Friday will fix the problem. If it doesn't I am going sell the car. After all it is my car!:D

you let me know when you want me to steal it , take it out and wreck it for the insurance moneys....;)

you let me know when you want me to steal it , take it out and wreck it for the insurance moneys....;)

Don't worry man, we got you on speed dial.

So anyway, the light was still off this morning, started fine and ran fine all the way to work for Melissa, light still off when she got to work.

So now I'm worried that if I tell them this at the shop they won't want to replace the coils and cables on Friday, cause I think they were gonna do that for free.

Still have the ride home from work tonight, we'll see.