newOldUser - SW Ohio

newOldUser

I saw several motorcycles out on New Years Day and was wondering if there was a rally going on somewhere or if they just let some

kooks out of the nut house. I did some looking around on the net and stumbled across this site. So far I'm glad I did.

I live north of Cincinnati and ride a Vulcan 750. My wife also rides a Vulcan 750 (she use to have a Vulcan 1500 but it was trying to kill her). The Vulcan 750's are great for us. We're both tall and it has good seat height. It's also a good size bike for the country roads we like to ride. I've ridden on the interstates but I don't like it. I'm not interested in getting there quickly, I'm more interested in what I see along the way.

I put about 4,000 miles a year on the bike (usually a couple hundred a weekend). I think I've been to every state or county park within 100 miles of here. I really admire all those riders who do the "Iron Butt" stuff but that's not me. I'm in my 50s and I don't like riding in a car for 1,000 miles in a day let alone a bike. I ride because I enjoy the feel of it and the fun of finding new things to see and the people I meet.

Edited by newOldUser

I'm in my 50s and I don't like riding in a car for 1,000 miles in a day let alone a bike. I ride because I enjoy the feel of it and the fun of finding new things to see and the people I meet.

50's?!?!?? That's too old to ride!:)

Do you strap your walker to the luggage rack?

(Welcome by the way)

50's?!?!?? That's too old to ride!:)

Do you strap your walker to the luggage rack?

(Welcome by the way)

:) Nope, there's no room for the walker with the guide dog straped in, so I just bring the cane. Those three-wheel machines are looking better and better every day. ;)