Pet Hedgehogs - anyone seen them?

V4junkie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPARKLY? I would kill you and suck your blood . . . but I'm a vegetarian vampire.

Hmm, I think that comment is going to be used against me.

you know there are so many things to be said about this....

and i think you know that..

that being said.. i'll let the masses speak for you :)

our neighbors used to have one or two. My sister would feed it while they were out of town.

cute to look at, but in 30 seconds of google research, I'm reading that they're not cuddlers, nor do they play fetch. Not a very 'social' animal from the sound of it. Isn't that what most people want out of a pet?

Eenteresting advice guys. I have been hearing lots of conflicting advice about whether they smell (clean cage once a week), like to cuddle, or are just good pets in general. I've got some contact info for a rescue, I think I'll go check it out first hand.

Unfortunately a dog or cat isn't an option at this point, between the landlord and the girlfriend I just can't win.

I use to have one as teenager. If you clean the cage once or twice a week they smell no worse then a cats shit box. I named mine sonic, as saga was huge back then. If you let it out of its cage and let it run around often they can get somewhat social. They still curl into a ball like in the pic when picked up, after a bit they open up and let you hold them. The spines do burn when you grab them a little to hard lol.

And I am now a dog person, cats are retarded, my wife brought one home years ago and then got rid of it after it started shitting all over and bitting.

I use to have one as teenager. If you clean the cage once or twice a week they smell no worse then a cats shit box. I named mine sonic, as saga was huge back then. If you let it out of its cage and let it run around often they can get somewhat social. They still curl into a ball like in the pic when picked up, after a bit they open up and let you hold them. The spines do burn when you grab them a little to hard lol.

And I am now a dog person, cats are retarded, my wife brought one home years ago and then got rid of it after it started shitting all over and bitting.

+1 on the cats

Looking for a hedgehog breeder or decent pet store near Columbus. Anyone seen them around here? There's a breeder near the Indiana border, but that's quite a hike. I'll do it, but only if I have to.

hedgehog.jpg

I'm a cat person but the landlord just won't have it.

That thing is really really cute. Do they lick you or anything? I have a GF.