New Toy: Walther P99C AS

Gump

Walther Compact 9mm:

The trigger will be a little different to get used to. It's called "anti-stress". Apparently designed so it's not fired by accident. I would have called it "already-stupid" but it Requires the same length of pull regardless if it's in da or sa. The decocker function is nice. Ambidextrous mag release. Shoots straight. Glock type sites.

WaltherP99CAS.jpg

Edited by Gump

Thanks

$600 on "sale"

Excellent description of the trigger pull.

What kind of range report do you want? I walked outside, setup a target and shot it.:D

What's standard? 15 feet 40 feet?

I'll set it up tomorrow at 21 foot. Two hands & one handed while standing? This really is a unreliable test of accuracy for a gun. At 15 foot ish with my first 20 shots last night it was a tight 1inch with a few stragglers.

you never need to shoot your carry gun at a target past 15'. if your in a position that you need to use it, you wont have time to aim anyways. i don't think you want to have to plea to the judge that is was your last resort, selfdefense. just my 2 cents.

It's fun to target shoot but ya you're right unless someone's pointing a gun at me from 18 feet.. Practicing point shooting is best but best to be accurate with sites first and then the point shooting becomes natural. kinda like traditional bow hunting.

Nice piece bubby. I thought you wanted the LCP?

I never had a nine. Figured I could shoot it for fun and not worry about wearing it and carry it when needed. The need for me to carry is not very often so I just went with the more realistic choice of what I would get the most use out of.

There are no .380 shells anywhere either and who wants to buy a new toy and not be able to shoot it the same day? I almost got the Crimson trace LCP.

Taurus has a sweet feeling excellant trigger pull, new compact .380 out. I liked it's features better than LCP but cautious of Taurus. The trigger pull feeling is awesome on this little gun. Very light. Flip side would be it's too light and you might discharge it by accident. The slide also locks back on this little beauty by itself where as LCP does not. Better mag release.

http://www.taurustcp.com/

Edited by Gump

I have a simple Uncle Mikes IWB for it. My pants were tight. It'd be ok but you can't sit down. Could fall out type of thing. I just throw it in the coat pocket.

I really like that Taurus but i'm judging it based on shooting it qualifications not carrying qualifications. It was priced the same as the LCP.