Registration for BRC classes open up FEB. 1, 2010. Also Experienced Rider Courses.

jagr

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just locked in the last spot for 5/18. Finally getting my M!

What???? For some reason I thought you have your's!

The BRC is great. It's a bit boring if you've been riding, but they do everything that's on the test as part of the class, so most people have no problem at the end of the class when they run you through the test. Just don't go trying to show-off during the class since you already ride.

The BRC is great. It's a bit boring if you've been riding, but they do everything that's on the test as part of the class, so most people have no problem at the end of the class when they run you through the test. Just don't go trying to show-off during the class since you already ride.

Yah.... it can work to your advantage or disadvantage. I was one of the only folks in our class that had rode more than 100 miles... the instructor was pushing me to put pegs down during the cornering tests... on a fucking dual sport. So during a break he grabs my bike and fucking ROCKS it through the turns... full handlebar lock at ~15-20 mph

Gets off the bike, looks at me and says, "you should be able to do that before the day is over"

Yah.... it can work to your advantage or disadvantage. I was one of the only folks in our class that had rode more than 100 miles... the instructor was pushing me to put pegs down during the cornering tests... on a fucking dual sport. So during a break he grabs my bike and fucking ROCKS it through the turns... full handlebar lock at ~15-20 mph

Gets off the bike, looks at me and says, "you should be able to do that before the day is over"

Wow, I'm glas the instructors we had weren't nearly that arrogant! I know they are both excellent riders, one of them did manage to drag peg once or twice, and he's a hardley rider! :lol: The other guy is a test driver/rider, or something like that somewhere, I think it was TRC.

ERC registration working @ 08:45

Registered for Delaware's May ERC class. It's always a good refresher, reinforces good practices/skillz.

Put the slashes " / " in your birth date, otherwise it will bitch.

Don't use Google Chrome, the site will throw an error after the first registration page.

Works in Internet Exploder.

After the ERC finally came up, I registered with Chrome no problem. :dunno:

It was boring for those that had been riding for a minute, although it was fun to try to push their bikes a little closer to the limits than I would my own. I had a dual sport too and got pretty good at doing stoppies with it. Instructor just kept shaking his head. I think I did drag a peg, once but I think the parkinglot was a little bit uneven. The one instructor told me to be careful because I was right on the edges of the tread as I did my turns.

It was boring for those that had been riding for a minute, although it was fun to try to push their bikes a little closer to the limits than I would my own. I had a dual sport too and got pretty good at doing stoppies with it. Instructor just kept shaking his head. I think I did drag a peg, once but I think the parkinglot was a little bit uneven. The one instructor told me to be careful because I was right on the edges of the tread as I did my turns.

It was funny how well that DS was stopping! It didn't appear to be grabby or anything, either! For anyone that might be thinking of taking at the Pataskala location, that parking lot sux.

If you're not on the edge, you're taking up space.... (or like chicken?)

One other thing to note, they WILL ride in the rain, as loong as it's not a major downpour and no lightning! If it looks like there might be rain, be sure to prepare for it! The morning class when we went was SOAKED when we got there, and it had settled to just a light drizzle for us.

After the ERC finally came up, I registered with Chrome no problem. :dunno:.

Used Chrome, failed. Immediately went to IE, it worked. Stupid Windows. Ice Weasel FTW.

Maybe teh intarwebs work better in Pataskala than Worthington.

Sunspots, probably.

Of course, I don't have my A+ so don't quote me on that sunspot thing... :lol:

Used Chrome, failed. Immediately went to IE, it worked. Stupid Windows. Ice Weasel FTW.

Maybe teh intarwebs work better in Pataskala than Worthington.

Sunspots, probably.

Of course, I don't have my A+ so don't quote me on that sunspot thing... :lol:

:lol:

I am running beta, wonder if that could be it?

Nope, re-upped my temps a few times, but never got the M.

Showing off is the least of my concerns, I just want to be able to pass the test and not drop the bike. From what I understand, it's not as easy as it looks on paper.

Nope, re-upped my temps a few times, but never got the M.

Showing off is the least of my concerns, I just want to be able to pass the test and not drop the bike. From what I understand, it's not as easy as it looks on paper.

If you've been riding much, you won't drop it or anything. There were only a few that were dropped in our class, one was my wife, she said her foot kept getting caught under the shifter, which I can see happening, seeing that she was used to the Ninja.

• 2 months later...

i just finished my class today, and I'm excited cause I'm the only one who got a 100% on the written, plus the instructor told us all that it warmed her heart for a FEMALE to get the best score!! she was talking about me!! i did great...so i got my L's yay!! But i signed up in Feb. for my class and i took the last spot. BUT people who go and just show up has a good chance of getting in.. 4 people got spots who didn't sign up.. so you can just go.

whats scary is that all these other guys, some older some my age, didnt do anywhere near my score, and they have been riding form like 5 to 30 years...

That's why. They have all the bad habits that are stuck. You can't usually break those in a couple of days very easily. You went in there with little experience right? Fresh slate.