The New Ride

Casper

You riding to Seattle on that thing?

Alaska hopefully next year. This year looks like Glacier National Park. Thinking about maybe a Florida to Nova Scotia trip up the coast too. AOW wants me to ride out to Cali. Might do Cali instead of Glacier National Park this year. Not sure yet.

This a solor tour, 2-up, or is someone doing an Iron butt on their barely ridden CBR?

She rides, just not with you. Hell, she has over 16K on her 05. How many miles do you have on your bike? :p

But no, she won't be doing these rides. I'll be going with some friends. She doesn't enjoy riding more than about 200 - 300 miles per day. If you've ever sat on a 600RR or a 1000RR, you'd understand. Those seats suck.

Alaska hopefully next year. This year looks like Glacier National Park. Thinking about maybe a Florida to Nova Scotia trip up the coast too. AOW wants me to ride out to Cali. Might do Cali instead of Glacier National Park this year. Not sure yet.

Holy fuck that!

But no, she won't be doing these rides. I'll be going with some friends. She doesn't enjoy riding more than about 200 - 300 miles per day. If you've ever sat on a 600RR or a 1000RR, you'd understand. Those seats suck.

We'll take her riding with us while you trapse across the country. :D

I had a friend take a Gold Wing to Nova Scotia, and then down the Blue Ridge Parkway, and back to Ohio. He didn't think a whole lot of Nova Scotia. He didn't think much of the Blue Ridge Parkway either, because of all the traffic. Maybe it was just the Gold Wing getting in his way, heh...

This wasn't there in Nova Scotia back then.

the 6th Annual Wharf Rat Rally - Sept 1-6, 2010 - Digby, Nova Scotia

Pics from 2009

I think I'd rather be there when it wasn't crowded. Nova Scotia is sparse and isolated. And that's what I would want to see. Well maybe the Club 98, since it's in the neighborhood ...

The%20Girls_576x432.jpg

edit: oops, one more. This is the way to get to Nova Scotia, rather than riding all the way up through Canada.

Take the ferry from Bar Harbor, Maine, or Portland, Maine, to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.

http://www.catferry.com/ - one of the World’s Top 10 "Super Ships."

catferry.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

On the R6 my one day record is about 500, reached my destination, and then proceeded to lay on the floor in full leathers for about an hour. That's with a gel seat. So I completely understand.

my longest ride is just north of 1500 miles in a single trip on my corbin'd XX. (no stops for sleeping, just food, fuel, and red bull) http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=35.34197&lon=-106.695655&zoom=6&q1=550%20South%20Flower%20los%20angeles%20california&q2=232%20S%207th%20St%2C%20Vinita%2C%20OK%2074301&gid2=18575050

i wouldn't suggest anyone else do it...it kinda sucked.

yeah tank loves his strom

101_6764.JPG

I would love to host Casper and his traveling circus this year or when the fuck ever! CbrGirl could always fly out to enjoy the beaches and lack of humidity before you get here (this will also allow you to stay on the road longer w/less flack from the wife :D)

Edited by AOW