Installing a Slip-on

Bad324

So how hard could this be and what tools would I need? Finally got a Leo Vince slip on and its sitting in the garage awaiting to be installed with a few other things too.

Other than changing fairings I don't really have any experience working on bikes yet

My Leo Vince slip ons were a cakewalk. The midpipe had the clamp attached to it, and used the stock bolts to hang them. Once you have them on, make sure to check for any leaks, then you'll want to monitor that after the first couple rides as things settle. A little snug up here and there, which anyone should be doing as PM.

Nice choice, BTW. I have my Leo's left after my wreck and were they not aluminum, I'd still have them on.

So how hard could this be and what tools would I need? Finally got a Leo Vince slip on and its sitting in the garage awaiting to be installed with a few other things too.

Other than changing fairings I don't really have any experience working on bikes yet

I took mine (old two bros) off my 03 RR last summer just for kicks and gigs. If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure the tail had to come off, as well as some of the non-screwed in fairing pieces. Getting the tail back on was the biggest bitch of them all. Getting the midpipe clamp on and making sure there aren't any leaks will probably be a challenge, but the rest (mounting the muffler) will be cake. Just make sure everything lines up correctly. mine cocks out at an angle and it bugs the shit out of me.

Yeah, tail comes off and there might be a hidden bolt or two. Overall, not hard though. If it's stuck, wiggle it and narrow down where it's still attached. I think I installed mine in like 30 min, the hardest part being mounting the damn Jardine mounting strap thingy

I took mine (old two bros) off my 03 RR last summer just for kicks and gigs. If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure the tail had to come off, as well as some of the non-screwed in fairing pieces. Getting the tail back on was the biggest bitch of them all. Getting the midpipe clamp on and making sure there aren't any leaks will probably be a challenge, but the rest (mounting the muffler) will be cake. Just make sure everything lines up correctly. mine cocks out at an angle and it bugs the shit out of me.

so you know cheech.. the honda Two bros exhaust was designed that way.. the angle that is.. it actually say it in the catalog.. it was the same way one my old 05 600rr and my buddies 07 1000rr.. i dunno why they dont say.. all they say is that it is supposed to do that

so you know cheech.. the honda Two bros exhaust was designed that way.. the angle that is.. it actually say it in the catalog.. it was the same way one my old 05 600rr and my buddies 07 1000rr.. i dunno why they dont say.. all they say is that it is supposed to do that

weird. I still may snap one day, grab a hammer and torch and go to town...