Carlisle Bike Fest Jul 23 - Jul 25, 2010

Twisty

Wanted to see if anyone was planning on going to this event. I heard this from NeverEnough about this event, and I am the one who lives in the Pittsburgh area. I wanted to see who was planning on going and possibly meeting up around Pittsburgh to ride over from there to this event.

Adult Admission: Fr.- Sun. $8

Child Admission: 8 and under - FREE

Gate Times: Th.-Sa. 8am-6pm / Sun. 8am-3pm

If you want to learn more take a look at there website, here's the link

http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/bikefest/

Here's a video that was not put together by me, I just linked it to show it to everyone who has or has not been to the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E0-muB5aYE

Definitely going to be there all weekend for Fighter Fest. Lookin to get a group ride goin, also will have a couple guys coming from Canada riding through as well. Was an absolute blast past two years (rode up and back from GA-this year's trip will be much shorter! lol), can't wait for this year!! :D

Hopefully I will still be here in the area to go in July to this show. If anyone cares I found hotels.com has a hotel for $48 a night at Super 8 which is 27 mins away from the event itself. I want to see if people want to join up in Pittsburgh and all ride over together the rest of the way. Let me know.

Your talking about Carlisle Pennsylvania?? That would be a pretty good ride from Columbus. My parents live about an hour from there, my dad goes down to the car show every year. I may be interested, but I will be staying at my parents house if I make the trek.

Your talking about Carlisle Pennsylvania?? That would be a pretty good ride from Columbus. My parents live about an hour from there, my dad goes down to the car show every year. I may be interested, but I will be staying at my parents house if I make the trek.

Yeah Carlisle, PA... It is 3 and a half hours or so away from where I live just South of Pittsburgh.

This is one of the biggest bike events around !! Awesome time and the area is verry cool. Nice roads and a great time ! They pretty much cover all the bases there and have an enormous swap meet thing going on, on the grounds the whole weekend and everything you can think of for sale !!! Great times ! Great people ! TONS OF VENDERS !!!!!!!!!! We got the ,hook up on where to get a room also !!!!

Unless i cant get off work ,or i have a track day that weekend. I am not gonna miss it this year , year before last I entered 2 bikes in the show and i won, IMO the best award , the "WTF " award in the show , with a bandit build of mine ! That would be the most wild trick fighter or the what the fuck award ! LOL I have a new fighter to enter this year too !!

See ya there madame !! :-)

Edited by Catman

This is one of the biggest bike events around !! Awesome time and the area is verry cool. Nice roads and a great time ! They pretty much cover all the bases there and have an enormous swap meet thing going on, on the grounds the whole weekend and everything you can think of for sale !!! Great times ! Great people ! TONS OF VENDERS !!!!!!!!!! We got the ,hook up on where to get a room also !!!!

Unless i cant get off work ,or i have a track day that weekend. I am not gonna miss it this year , year before last I entered 2 bikes in the show and i won, IMO the best award , the "WTF " award in the show , with a bandit build of mine ! That would be the most wild trick fighter or the what the fuck award ! LOL I have a new fighter to enter this year too !!

See ya there madame !! :-)

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you're bringing ribs again this year! (and yourself, of course. lol) :D:D:D:D:D

There's a contest for bikes that ride in. You could enter yours. Those of us that have seen it would guess that it has a good chance of winning something. The registration for that contest appears to be limited.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you're bringing ribs again this year! (and yourself, of course. lol) :D:D:D:D:D

Yep and yep !! Even though you dont return my PM's and tell me what ur up to !! :D Im still coming, and im gonna bitch at you again then about that ,AFTER i play the wheelie machine !! !! :cool:

Ok, I think I am going to make the trip, however I am going to stay at my parents house. I think I am leaving early Thursday morning that way I have time to rest a bit before walking around all day. Here is my plan below.

Leaving Pataskala around 8am on 7/22.

Riding to Cabelas on the other side of Wheeling. We will probably hang out at Cabelas for an hour or 2, and grab lunch in that area.

Ride to New Stanton and stop for a break.

Hop on the PA Turnpike and ride out and possibly stop at one of the rest areas.

I will be exiting at the Fort Littleton exit.

Anyone interested in riding along is more than welcome. You would be able to continue on the PA turnpike to exit 226. Exit 226 is the Carlisle exit. I am trying to break the trip up into 1.5 to 2 hours blocks. Map Quest has travel time as 5 hours and 43 minutes to Carlisle.

I know its awhile before the event, but just trying to get a rough outline of my plans.

Edited by Meanie

What did you do to your knee???

just had another acl replacement and both miniscus almost 3 weeks ago ! Just not sure if i can ride that long and wich bikes to bring. I have one i want to show and one i want to terrorize the whole town with ?? so we'll see if i trailer them or not ?

thanks for asking !! :)

Cat

just had another acl replacement and both miniscus almost 3 weeks ago ! Just not sure if i can ride that long and wich bikes to bring. I have one i want to show and one i want to terrorize the whole town with ?? so we'll see if i trailer them or not ?

thanks for asking !! :)

Cat

Well I hope it heals quick for you... at least it is happening now and not right in the middle of the summer riding season LOL. Looking at the positive side for ya. :)