How are your roads with all this snow??!!?!?

Twisty

I live just 20 mins South of Pittsburgh, and we got over 20 inches of snow... Our 4 lane roads are barely 2 lanes now. Driving to work on them is terrible and they are saying we are suppose to get 4-8 more inches here on Tuesday into Wednesday. I am curious if Ohio roads have been cleared or is everyone else having big problems from this snow storm that hit over the weekend.

All clear in Galena, just north of Columbus, except for the frozen snow/ice humps where asshats have plowed their driveway into the street and didn't bother to clean up. :mad:

Columbus Saturday night, all of the main streets were fine, didn't venture into neighborhoods.

Most of Dayton's roads are fine just a few patches of snow/ice here and there. The neighborhood are a whole different story. Nobody has plowed the side roads and now it's all ice and it makes getting through my neighborhood a complete bitch. They used to plow our roads, now you never see them, ever.

yeah, the state routes around here are ify in places. there are places where some icy is left on the road and its like one of those suspension test you see at a auto test track. they just plowed our streets late last night. (thank god) My buddy hasn't gotten to my shop lot as of yet, so I dug a path from the door to the road. (that sucked) its 15" deep........... luckily I have a good friend that allows me to squirt at his place any time I want to. (that didn't sound right) LOL

Main roads in the area are good. County roads suck. The township road that I live on is really good, just packed snow, that provides good traction. I have to travel a crappy county road to get anywhere, and it is bad. It's packed snow/ice that's cleared over to the ditch on one side, and only half the lane on the other, not to mention that the packed snow/ice is uneven, worse than potholes! It's like a washboard, at best.

I'm actually glad that they did NOT put down a bunch of salt. It would have turned to slush, then ice, covered with snow.

The main roads are decent, back roads are still pretty bad in Marysville area. I think ours has more to do with the city trying to "prove a point" to the people that didn't support the .5% increase to the city tax they tried to pass last year .

now that I have a snow blower...who's laughing now? I'm the most popular guy on the block lol.

I spent 45 min clearing my huge driveway and some of the other 5 condos driveways...without breaking a sweat....I kick ass.:D

shit was 1/2 way to my knees in some parts.

Edited by serpentracer

The county FINALLY plowed the "main" road I have to take to get into town, or anywhere else, for that matter. The road is FAR from clear, but it's at least cleared wide enough for 2 lanes of traffic flow now. The road is still rough, though. My road (township maintenance) is in really good shape!

We'll see how it is tomorrow, after it drifts overnight.

The roads this morning are terrible. Just got back home from taking the wife to work and got stuck 3 separate times. I am thinking about calling off work and staying home since we are suppose to be getting 2-4 more inches by Noon. *sigh* Snow, Snow, go away, I want riding season back today!!!!!!