Why we have sponsors blah blah blah

Likwid

Had to edit this because someone split it off into a thread.

I think Casper should have learned by now, noone is happy with the sponsor announcements if they don't contain the benefit to THEM... noone seems to be happy in the fact the sponsors keep the forum running, regardless of if they give a cash discount to members. The goal for forum sponsors is "Hey, if you keep the forum running users will see your name and do business with you" not "Hey, give the members a discount and you can be a sponsor"

Welcome STT

"What are they giving me?"

Welcome DucRX

"What is he giving me?"

Welcome IronPony

lol

I think Casper should have learned by now, noone is happy with the sponsor announcements if they don't contain the benefit to THEM... lol

Welcome STT

Welcome DucRX

"What is he giving me?"

Welcome IronPony

lol

Well what do you expect... Why would we care we have a sponsor if there is no benefit to the members? Like Reuben at 35motorsports, we get discounts on service, or STT we get a cheaper track day... If a sponsor pays to be a sponsor, but isn't active on the forum, or hooking up the members, I don't see a benefit to it... Sorry, but thats just my opinion.

Well what do you expect... Why would we care we have a sponsor if there is no benefit to the members? Like Reuben at 35motorsports, we get discounts on service, or STT we get a cheaper track day... If a sponsor pays to be a sponsor, but isn't active on the forum, or hooking up the members, I don't see a benefit to it... Sorry, but thats just my opinion.

My inflection didn't come through in my post (obviously), I agree with you... but we COULD see the sponsor as giving us the gift of keeping OR from shutting down.

Do sponsors keep this site afloat? Or is it from member donations, t shirts, etc?

Casper BS or Carrie can answer that... but I think Ben mentioned last year was the first year the site didn't cost him out of pocket...so I'm guessing sponsors are a big part of that.

Casper BS or Carrie can answer that... but I think Ben mentioned last year was the first year the site didn't cost him out of pocket...so I'm guessing sponsors are a big part of that.

Maybe, but I know at the last OR day at pig iron everyone donated so much we made quite a bit of money.. Which is huge... But sponsors can't hurt... I know we have expenses, and glad its finally not coming out of Bens pocket...I just wasn't aware of what the sponsors paid, and how that effects the bottom line! I guess it can't hurt right :p

Sponsors keep the site up, stickers free, etc. Our operating expenses are about $1400 - $1600 per year. Each year we have to upgrade our hosting. We're at a point now where the next step up is big money.

Maybe, but I know at the last OR day at pig iron everyone donated so much we made quite a bit of money.. Which is huge... But sponsors can't hurt... I know we have expenses, and glad its finally not coming out of Bens pocket...I just wasn't aware of what the sponsors paid, and how that effects the bottom line! I guess it can't hurt right :p

Which one are you talking about? One of the meet and greets all the money wet to bkiz. Another one all the money is sitting in account. It was raised to do some sort of motorcycle awareness shindig this spring. Neither were for the site. The tshirts actually ended up costing us money. We don't run this site for the money. There just isn't any. The sponsors keep it afloat. Last year we were almost in the black, almost. We were about $50 short.

Without sponsors, the site goes away or gets sold.

I think Casper should have learned by now, noone is happy with the sponsor announcements if they don't contain the benefit to THEM... lol

Welcome STT

Welcome DucRX

"What is he giving me?"

Welcome IronPony

lol

Heres what Detty Installations gives you, the illustrious OR member: The best monitoring rate you will ever see plus 10% off our very competitive installation prices.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=36948

Ben introduces sponsors. Its up to each individual sponsor to offer or not offer OR members a special discount.

Heres what Detty Installations gives you, the illustrious OR member: The best monitoring rate you will ever see plus 10% off our very competitive installation prices.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=36948

Ben introduces sponsors. Its up to each individual sponsor to offer or not offer OR members a special discount.

To be clear, that was the point of my reply (yes it was a reply to begin with)... I was just pointing out noone seems to be happy the forum stays up, they all just want a cash discount on something :)

I'd make out like a bandit if someone stole all of my shit' date=' but I get what you're saying. I'm not opposed to security systems. They are a great way to supplement a shotgun. I hear the alarm go off then grab the shotgun. I'm really not too worried about my personal belongings. I don't have much, but what I do have is adequately insured.[/quote']

Don't play coy, if someone stole that Monet in your living room and the Picasso in your den, you'd be upset...