getting a rebuilt title

Hoblick

the track bike is a salvage title, but obvioulsy straight and rideable.

if i wanted to get a rebuilt title for it what do i need?

and what would be the easiest way to do so.

i was thinking it might be nice to have it streetable to take to the gap or hit some roads back home with.

i wanna do it as low cost as possible, cause it wont really see street duty but a few times.

ideas anyone?

^ I have never heard of that, but I dont think they would as it really does not matter where or what you paid for your parts, unless they suspect stolen goods on the bike. but as the way the bmv is, nothing would suprise me! I looked into purchasing a track bike awhile back that had a georgia title, and had never been transfered to the current owner. He had the title but not in his name, and I passed on that.

That other post should have been under my screen name.

I think the reason for the receipts is to prevent using stolen parts to repair a vehicle.

I copied this from the Ohio DMV website regarding salvage title:

My insurance company has salvaged my vehicle, but I am keeping it and repairing it for my use. What steps do I need to follow?

First apply for a salvage title in your name changing the status of your title from regular to salvage. (NOTE: The vehicle cannot be operated on the road while evidenced on a salvage title.) Upon completion of the repairs, contact the closest Highway Patrol Inspection Station and make an appointment to have a salvage inspection done (There is a $50 fee.). Take any receipts for repairs and new parts with you to the inspection. After the vehicle has successfully completed the inspection, take Form HP106 and your salvage title and proceed to any Title Office and apply for a "rebuilt salvage" title. After all of these steps have been completed, the vehicle is now operable for use on any road.

Ispection station is on rt40 in Zanesville need to trailer the bike there in street legal form with a pile of receipts. The more the better then they wont dig thru them and get anal so just start keeping reciepts from parts bought for any bike dated after the date you bought the bike and youll be fine. Schedule ahead too they do ispections year round but its several weeks after you call for an appt.

From what I have heard it's more a matter of them looking at the various VIN numbers and being sure nothing comes up stolen. In fact, I think they don't even pay much attention to whether or not it's straight or street-able. So, having receipts saying you actually purchased stuff and being sure your VINs are good is the main thing.

How anal they get is really up to the person that inspects it. If you get a dick or someone who has has a bad day you better be sure its all legit. me and my buddy did it for a bike he bought with a salvage title. We made sure signals, light ,mirrors, horn, and license plate light were all good to go. they checked the vin on the neck and matched it to the title if they ran the vin we did not see it.(they did go in the building with the title) they did not check horn but he may have just forgot. we went to osp insection in troy. call the place you plan to take it and ask what you need to do to be street legal.

^ I have never heard of that, but I dont think they would as it really does not matter where or what you paid for your parts,

no, thats all they are about. they dont give a fuck about safety or anything. its all about looking for stolen shit.

I just went through the process last week on a 2000 r6. Must go get the title into your name and pay for the inspection at the title agency. call and schedule the appointment asap as it takes 3-4 weeks to get in. Everything on the bike must work horn turn signals high beam. Tires have to be at least 60% tread. pics are useful but not a must.Must have reciepts! and bill of sale (they asked me why it wasn't notorized) no loose or flapping pannels on bike. This one got me No flush mount turn signals. and lisence plate should be in stock location with light on it. Once you get all that done take title back to the title agency it cost 16.50 more toe get the rebuilt title. also they didn't even take it off the truck or start it. and another thing I found that bucyrus got me in a week faster.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. We go through the process about 50 times a year, feel free to give me a call if you want to go over some technicalities you may run into. I can also tell you where you where you do not want to take it to get inspected as well.

I just did it last July with the Z. I had every receipt and they didn't even ask for them. It took maybe 20 minutes and it was done. You can also ride it over there on the day of inspection as long as it's insured. My insurance guy didn't care it wasn't titled.

My advice though would be to get with Justin @ Cycle Search.