Warehouse/Support Staff Position

unc7237

Ashley Furniture 3622 W. Dublin Granville Rd. Columbus Oh. 43235

614-652-6900

Looking to fill 1 full time position. Job duties would include unloading trucks, loading trucks, customer pick ups, answering phones, print pick up sheets, light maintenance, change light bulbs, clean bathrooms, sweep, mop, vacuum, put merchandise on the floor and etc. Pay $9-$10 an hour. Work schedule would be M,W,F 10-7 off Tu & Th Sat 9-6 & Sun 11-5. 1hr Lunch each day other than Sunday. NO OVERTIME up to 40hrs per week & paid bi-weekly.

Stop in and fill out an application A.S.A.P.

Ask for Bobby McKinney or myself....Dave Eilers.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

Dave

No see, that's the thing with unemployment...

1) A lot of the people collecting it are hypocrites. They'll say they don't want to collect payment from the gubmint - they'll tell you they're 'better than that' to mooch off the gov't, and drone on and on about the 'welfare scum' that collects it - though they aren't part of 'that group' (oh no), everyone else is. But, they're also too good for a minimum wage job, or a drastic pay cut from where they used to be.

2) Economically, there's a perverse incentive to STAY on unemployment since your unemployment check is based on your past wages (last 1-2 years, I think?)... you take a minimum wage job, you lose unemployment, which not only is probably less net money, but it'll affect any future unemployment by driving your average wage down per the unemployment formula. So, it's a lose-lose.

The only way I can figure that this isn't a perverse incentive is that the government doesn't want people being underemployed because in the grand scheme, that's just as bad. It will drive the people that don't have the skills for a higher-paying jobs out of work, and those people are probably the most likely to need the structure in their lives - I dunno, I'm not a psychologist. I could do more research if I cared or someone wants to debate it with me.

Regardless of derailing the thread, I'd apologize, but Dave is getting free bumpage from it... so, I'm not really that sorry.

Edited by JRMMiii

Just for the record, regarding my previous post...

That's not to say there isn't a difference between unemployment and welfare - there is, but either way... I try to not rag on people and their situations because I'm not in their shoes.

I also never know if I'll ever need one of those safety nets either, so I don't spend too much time worrying about the cost of some of these programs, though I do worry about their effectiveness, which I suppose is related to costs.

Are there people that abuse it? Yes. But, there are cops that abuse their power too and yet we don't disband all police forces.... you need to identify the people committing fraud and abusing the system and deal with them accordingly.

$10/hr for back-breaking labor... you realize this is America right? That's not what we do here...

Can I get your application in Spanish?

Far from back breaking. Its easier than it sounds & there is a lot of down time in between pick ups.

Du kanst ist in Deusch haben!

my unemployment is about $12/hr

I paid into it so I don't have a prob using it. plus they are giving extensions. you get an extra 53 weeks on top of your standard 26 weeks.

no one is in a hurry to work for less than unemployment just yet.

I want my old job back. if that doesn't pan out..then I'll worry. LOL hell I've got more than a whole year to go. so I'm not too worried...yet.

a lot of us are taking this opportunity to go to school again. what better circumstances than getting paid and going to school. plus they have grants right now that most people qualify for to pay for school that are unemployed.

Edited by serpentracer

cobra is health ins.

my health insurance is through humanna. when I was laid off I had the option to keep it by paying $30 a month for it.

I think that's cobra but I'm honestly not sure.

That sounds cheap, but it seems like your company has good support... I've seen COBRA upwards of 300$ a month

my unemployment is about $12/hr

I paid into it so I don't have a prob using it. plus they are giving extensions. you get an extra 53 weeks on top of your standard 26 weeks.

no one is in a hurry to work for less than unemployment just yet.

I want my old job back. if that doesn't pan out..then I'll worry. LOL hell I've got more than a whole year to go. so I'm not too worried...yet.

a lot of us are taking this opportunity to go to school again. what better circumstances than getting paid and going to school. plus they have grants right now that most people qualify for to pay for school that are unemployed.

Quoted from the JFS website:

How long does the EUC program last? As currently legislated, the EUC program is scheduled to phase out in February 2010. The following cutoffs apply:

• Must exhaust Regular UC benefits by 2/20/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 1 (20 weeks).
  • Must exhaust EUC Tier 1 benefits by 2/27/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 2 (14 weeks).
  • Must exhaust EUC Tier 2 benefits by 2/27/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 3 (13 weeks).
  • Must exhaust EUC Tier 3 benefits by 2/27/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 4 (6 weeks).

The last week that any of these federal EUC benefits (Tiers 1 through 4) can be paid is the week ending July 31, 2010. No federal EUC benefits will be paid after that time.

Whatever tier you are on now is it. No year of unemployment unless you've already been on it a year, that is, unless they pass another extension.

Quoted from the JFS website:

How long does the EUC program last? As currently legislated, the EUC program is scheduled to phase out in February 2010. The following cutoffs apply:

• Must exhaust Regular UC benefits by 2/20/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 1 (20 weeks).
  • Must exhaust EUC Tier 1 benefits by 2/27/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 2 (14 weeks).
  • Must exhaust EUC Tier 2 benefits by 2/27/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 3 (13 weeks).
  • Must exhaust EUC Tier 3 benefits by 2/27/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 4 (6 weeks).

The last week that any of these federal EUC benefits (Tiers 1 through 4) can be paid is the week ending July 31, 2010. No federal EUC benefits will be paid after that time.

Whatever tier you are on now is it. No year of unemployment unless you've already been on it a year, that is, unless they pass another extension.

I think that's the extra $25 a week they are giving out.

not the actual total uemployment payments.

read the first paragraph in this link,

www.jfs.ohio.gov/ocomm_root/Ext-Benefits-FAQ-2008REV.pdf

""""Governor Ted Strickland has signed numerous agreements to provide federal emergency extended

unemployment compensation benefits to eligible Ohioans. These extensions are made possible by the

President’s signing of the Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC) Act of 2008,

which was first passed by Congress on June 26, 2008. The EUC Act was amended on November 21,

2008; February 17, 2009; November 6, 2009 and, most recently, on December 19, 2009. This

legislation allows up to 53 weeks of federally extended unemployment compensation, in addition to

the possible 26 weeks of regular unemployment compensation, to eligible Ohioans.""""""

That sounds cheap, but it seems like your company has good support... I've seen COBRA upwards of 300$ a month

talk about taking it up the ass, nobody in their right mind should ever pay $300 for COBRA. Hell, when I was between coverage from my last job to my current job I got full coverage for $72. That was the TOTAL for 3 months

I also forwarded this info to one of my friends who was just laid off, hopefully he isn't a lazy ass and applies

You obviously dont understand, or you are in denial, whatever tier you are on as of Feb. 27 is the last one you get. The extension as it stands now is over as a whole in June.

Go to the site and click on Federal Extended Benefits in the upper left corner.