Quiting Smoking..... This sucks!!

Twisty

I have been smoking for over 4 years now, and I decided yesterday to quit. I am trying out the Nicoderm patch because I have tried prior to quit cold turkey with failed results. Has anyone else quit or tried to quit??? If you have quit and no longer smoke, what techniques did you use to kick the habit???

smoked for more than 10 years, quit using IQS " i quit smoking" electronic thearapy , but i never found one in the states, it toke them 1 hour, and i was done :D had to go there another time because i did smoke 1 cig they give me a free counceling, and i was done for real, 3 years ago.

smoked for more than 10 years, quit using IQS " i quit smoking" electronic thearapy , but i never found one in the states, it toke them 1 hour, and i was done :D had to go there another time because i did smoke 1 cig they give me a free counceling, and i was done for real, 3 years ago.

I have never heard of this treatment before. What made you decide to finally kick the habit??

i just straight up stopped...i smoked occasionally at parties and such but i went all out until summer 09 at which point i smacked myself threw my pack away and stopped smoking...i felt like shit for over 3 weeks...but i got over it and made it to the other side :)

now i'm back to occasionally smoking when i'm drunk :p

When I quit, I just flat out quit. I felt bad all the time, i had a terriable cough, and I was a good pack a day, sometimes alil more. It was hard, but i kept telling myself it was mental. That i didnt need it. I decided this, while standing outside of a funeral home, smoking a cigarette.

I smoked for close to 20 years. started real young. five years ago i quit cold turkey. just woke up one day and said to myself, thats alot of money i could be using on other shit. I carried an unopened pack with me everyday for a year. haven't had one since.

i think carrying that unopened pack around help me. not sure why, but it did. the wife made fun of me until she realized it worked. she still smokes. lol

"toke" ?? :D

I didn't like it at first, had to use the patch to start smoking...

Cold Turkey - 2007. I was a huge prick (more than usual) for about 3 weeks and couldnt go near a bar for a while. (this was when you could still smoke in a bar)

Its a bitch, but the first thing you gotta do is wrap your mind around it. You have to be convinced that you WANT to quit. If you dont convince yourself you want to quit, no patch, pill, shot or treatment is going to help.

A Dr. told me it takes only 3 days to get over the physical addiction to nicotine, after that, its all mental.

I did like Curby, I kept an opened pack of smokes in the cabinet over the fridge for over a year. Knowing they were there kept me in control of the situation in a weird way. I dont recommend that to everybody though, temptation can be a motherfucker if you are not strong willed.

Edited by max power

I have never heard of this treatment before. What made you decide to finally kick the habit??

the reason was that i just woke up at 3 am for nothing but the need of a cig, that was when i decided that , that was it, it costed 500$ in Jordan for that thearapy thing, as i said again, I couldn't find one in the states tho. 10 years of smoking and it didn't even bother me at all after 10 days, and during these 10 days it wasn't as half bad what people told me it was to quit smoking.

I don't smoke cigs at all anymore, but i love Hooka, i picked this up last year and i don't see my self stopping it :)))" not the best thing to do ha ?"

I smoked for 10 years before I finally quit. My kids getting older and paying more attention around the house forced it from "not in the house" to "not at home". I gradually backed myself off of them over time stretching more and more time between smoke breaks, then I started riding to and from work. Once I was commuting on the bike, I was pretty well down to 2 or 3 cigarettes per day, and by that point I decided I really didn't like smoking anymore. I got sick and couldn't leave the house for a week, and that was the end of it. I decided that once I kicked that virus that had me laid up for so long, I wasn't going to pick them up again. Haven't smoked since September '08.

My in-laws had tried to quit unsuccessfully before, then they both use Chantix and have never looked back. They say it worked extremely well but I don't think the stuff is cheap.

+1 on the chantix, ive used it, it worked great. But life got hard and stressfull and i started smoking again, i need to quit, still have alot of chantix i could take and kick the habbit again

+1 on the chantix, ive used it, it worked great. But life got hard and stressfull and i started smoking again, i need to quit, still have alot of chantix i could take and kick the habbit again

Yea, quit man! We don't like you making the garage cold when you open the door and walk out to smoke!

Also, Cigs = money..... Money = track time... WORD :D

Yea, quit man! We don't like you making the garage cold when you open the door and walk out to smoke!

Also, Cigs = money..... Money = track time... WORD :D

Lol, well if you would actually work on the bike, you wouldnt be cold :eek:, bc sitting on the chair doing nothing makes you cold

Went from a pack a day, started the patch this morning around 6am and have yet to touch a cig today. The patch so far is helping me a lot, I even had everyone at work ask me to go smoke and I said Nope.. Felt really good. Now I am starting the coughing and it sucks

Went from a pack a day, started the patch this morning around 6am and have yet to touch a cig today. The patch so far is helping me a lot, I even had everyone at work ask me to go smoke and I said Nope.. Felt really good. Now I am starting the coughing and it sucks

you are doing just fine buddy, some coughing is fine , remember no gain without a pain ;)

Edit: I heard that , coughin is the natural way of your body starting to clean your lungs :D .

I bought my bike with the $ I spent on cigs. I figured out that I was spending about $135-150/mo. on cigs. My bike payment is $133.

WIN!!

I told the wife if I continue to not smoke that I should be aloud to spend the money on my bike.. She :lol: ....damn :mad: