Dubai seeks global dragnet for Hamas slaying

InyaAzz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't an Israel bashing thread...or even an middle east history lesson. I was talking specifically about the Mossad's (allegedly) killing of a Hamas leader in a sovereign country.

I can go on and on about atrocities on both sides...but that wasn't the intent on this thread.

I just got done writing a 13 page paper on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict at Christmas, and even that barely scratched the surface. Both sides have perpetuated this, and BOTH have done unspeakable deeds.... Neither are innocent

None of this would've happened if people would just keep their faith to themselves instead of organizing it.

Jussayin'

It's as much about the land as religion Justin

It's as much about the land as religion Justin

At the end of the day, that's what this whole argument boils down to.

BikerBoy, honestly man, if you want to have a reasonable, informed discussion I recommend two things. First, for the love of all powerful Atheismo, use a spell and grammar checker. Your arguments come through a lot clearer when I'm don't have a headache from trying to decipher your words. Second, cite some freakin sources. Youtube or "some arabic song about palestine" doesn't count. It's painfully obvious to pretty much everyone here that your grasp on the history and present-day activities of that region is a little lacking, maybe doing a little research to support your opinions will open your eyes to new viewpoints.

Ohh I see someone changed my signeture too, awesome, thanks, I'll follow what they want me to do, I won't reply to anything on this thread so please no talking to me om here, thanks

I changed your sig. Who said anything about not replying to anything in this thread? You were running your mouth in your sig about this thread. I simply changed it to, "Keep it to the thread". I understand English may not be your first language, however they are five very small words. None of them indicate anything along the lines of, "don't reply to anything in this thread".

I just got done writing a 13 page paper on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict at Christmas, and even that barely scratched the surface. Both sides have perpetuated this, and BOTH have done unspeakable deeds.... Neither are innocent

You would still be writing that paper if you didn't have to turn it in. I agree with you 999%. You can't boil this problem down to the past few years..or even decades. And it won't be solved by force either. You can't attack civilians and expect to force compliance or sympathy. You can't force compliance by dictating the terms of the quality of life either.

Both sides deserve to live in peace, but neither side can let the other forget the past and start anew.

EDIT: I'm one hypocritical SOB for requesting folks to keep their posts on topic.

Wrong. M/I and Dominion were the first to employ Mexicans as carpenters. Before that, carpenters were long-haired white trash. Wait, maybe Jesus was white.

M/I and Dominion are owned by Jewish devils and Jesus was a white hippie. I've seen pictures.

Why is the land valuable? Because their religious texts say so. I don't think the Jews and Muslims are fighting over natural resources in those 'holy lands'

In one respect, you're correct Justin....

If you go in the waaaay back machine, one thing they have in common is Jews AND Muslims trace their religious heritage back to Abraham, yet have vastly different political & religious views, in spite of that common ancestry. In fact, this is probably where the chasm between the three first began. Jews & Christians trace their lineage back to Abraham’s son Isaac, who was a surprise conception to the older wife Sarah, who was thought to be barren at her stage in life, which is why Abraham had already conceived a son with their maid, Hagar, to ensure he had a male heir to carry on the family name. This illegitimate, yet firstborn son was Ishmael, & is who the Muslims trace their lineage to.

Upon the birth of Isaac, Abraham banished Hagar & Ishmael, who purportedly roamed the desert & nearly died, if not for the intervention of an angel leading them to water. And so it begins…. The two religions & cultures arguing over who is the rightful heir to Abraham, & who should reap all that is promised in the Old Testament, including the Promised Land

The non religious, land based part of the argument where you're wrong, is that when NATO created the "state" of Israel & carved up the land of Palestine to do it.... People were already living there. If you look at maps of how the land was delegated after WWII.... It's very piecemeal.... Not half & half like you'd assume. That part doesn't really have anything to do with religion, and actually started even earlier, when Palestine was still a British territory, and the British started allowing Jews to move into that area amongst the existing inhabitants. The land war further escalated when the "state" of Israel decided after the War of '67 that the Gaza Strip, Golan Heights & West Bank were now their "territories" & forcefully took them over. This infuriated Palestinians, that people who'd never lived there before, & were forced upon them & given Palestinian land by other countries/occupiers, were now taking the joint over

And before you say the only reason the Jews want the land in Palestine is because of religion..... They were first offered land by London in Uganda back during the original Zionist movement of Theodore Herzl several decades earlier in 1903. Prior to Uganda, Argentina & Cyprus were also being considered. Herzl & the Zionist's were thrilled by this offer, & considered it a great victory for their cause of a homeland. Unfortunately, the offer was rescinded a year after Herzl's death in 1904

Now I'll pull a "you" Justin, anytime anyone's having a political debate with you. Here's a list of some "light" reading I did on the subject......

·Flapan, Simha. The Birth of Israel-- Myths & Realities. New York: Pantheon Books, 1987. Print.

·Herzog, Chaim . The Arab- Israeli Wars-- War & Peace in the Middle East. New York: Random House, 1982. Print.

·Jacobs Altman, Linda . The Creation of Israel. San Diego: Lucent Books, 1998. Print.

·La Guardia, Anton. War Without End-- Israelis, Palestinians & the Struggle for a Promised Land. New York: Thomas Dunne Books/ St. Martin's Press, 2001. Print.

·Malloy, Michael . "Islam." Experiencing the World's Religions-- Tradition, Challenge, & Change. New York: Mcgraw Hill, 1999. 437-490. Print.

·"Maps of Palestine ." AL-BAB: an open door to the Arab world. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2009. <http://www.al-bab.com/Arab/maps/palestine.htm>.

·Massoulie', Francois. Middle East Conflicts. New York: Interlink Publishing Group, 1999. Print.

·Mulitple Contributors. Encyclopedia of Zionism & Israel. New York: Herzl Press/ McGraw Hill, 1971. Print.

·Mulitple Contributors. Israel: Opposing Viewpoints. Farmington Hills: Greenhaven Press, 2005. Print.

·Mulitple Contributors. The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. Farmington Hills: Greenhaven Press, 2005. Print.

·Shlaim, Avi. The Iron Wall-- Israel & the Arab World. New York/ London: WW Norton & Co., 2000. Print.

·Wallace Sharp, Anne. The Palestinians. Farmington Hills: Lucent Books, 2005. Print.

·Young, Emma . Countries of the World: Israel. Washington D.C: National Geographic, 2008. Print.

:p

I didn't really think we needed to delve into that entire history lesson. I was just trying to provide a one-line synopsis.

The entire thing is rooted in religion. It just so happens that WWII decree of "Here Jews, you can have this place" when there were already people there is what reignited tensions beyond any previous level in recent history.

Bottom line - it's like having a landlord tell you he sold his property to some new people, but negotiated that you could stay. The neighborhood is going to change though. so culture yourself or GTFO. And apparently because people are religious nutjobs "getting along" was never an option.

I didn't really think we needed to delve into that entire history lesson. I was just trying to provide a one-line synopsis.

If I didn't..... Then you'd be screaming "Sources?!?".... Whichever way best suits your debate, and since you're out of your element here... Now it's a "history lesson" ;)

And believe me... 4 paragraphs is far from a history lesson

The entire thing is rooted in religion. It just so happens that WWII decree of "Here Jews, you can have this place" when there were already people there is what reignited tensions beyond any previous level in recent history.

Bottom line - it's like having a landlord tell you he sold his property to some new people, but negotiated that you could stay. The neighborhood is going to change though. so culture yourself or GTFO. And apparently because people are religious nutjobs "getting along" was never an option.

You apparently missed the part where I said the Zionists were thrilled with the initial offer of Uganda. Uganda has nothing to do with their religion.... Neither did Argentina or Cyprus. The most important thing to the Jews was having a homeland they could all go to & call their own. Had Britain not re****ed on that offer after Herzl's death.... How different history would be today