pipes

nicol77

I just bought a Yoshimura exhaust for my ZX14, does anyone else have these and do you like how they sound. I can't wait to put them on but the snow it keeping me from moving my camper out of the garage to work on the bike...another reason I hate snow:mad:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you have been around for a month and now you need your 50 posts. Does someone have something to sell?

Go shit up the place in one spot instead of posting once in every thread.

My first thought was, "that was kind of rude, even for here." Then I went through all the new posts and he has posted in every single thread on the front page. Maybe he's just chatty. :postwhore:

My first thought was, "that was kind of rude, even for here." Then I went through all the new posts and he has posted in every single thread on the front page. Maybe he's just chatty. :postwhore:

I have never been accused of being rude before. I was suspect because he joined a month ago and started posting in every random thread the day before his month was up. He has stated he didn't realize how he was affecting the main page and thought it looked pretty stupid. Time will tell how he handles himself. I just picked this thread to try to get him.

I never change the exhaust on my bikes so I have nothing to add here.

sweet thanks for the info..however, I don't know anything about parts and stuff, so why do you need one when you get a aftermarket exhaust and not before?

The power is trapped with a stock exhaust. So besides sounding better, the pipes will release all that power. That extra power is tough on the exhaust system though. The muffler bearings reduce the strain and lengthen the life of your exhaust system.

You guys are focused too much on the exhaust bearings. Yes, they might give you a slight gain, but there are others that chose to ride without them because they think that the added mass isn't as much as the gain in power.

The real gains come from aerocoating the ceramic flanges. The coating sheds excess heat which keeps the exhaust from cycling during the high power intervals that most sportbikes normally operate within.

You guys are focused too much on the exhaust bearings. Yes, they might give you a slight gain, but there are others that chose to ride without them because they think that the added mass isn't as much as the gain in power.

The real gains come from aerocoating the ceramic flanges. The coating sheds excess heat which keeps the exhaust from cycling during the high power intervals that most sportbikes normally operate within.

Dude, catch up. We're talking zx14's here. They come from the factory with Titanium Carbide aerocoating from the factory.

Duuuuuh. :rolleyes:

OOOOOOooooohhhh, I didn't realize the OP had a ZX-14.

Well then yea, I'd just keep it stock.

Because once you start changing things, you have to replace the one-time use only (per Kawasaki) breakaway bolts into the rear main seal of the transfer case. And good luck finding those parts at your local dealership... :rolleyes:

Edited by JRMMiii

I prefer the ceramic coated muffler bearings. They handle all that heat generated by the zx-14 and will handle all that extra horsepower.

If they try to tell you they dont have them make sure you tell them its a zx-14 specific part. They dont make ceramic coated bearings for those squidly Gixxers. Jegs does carry them, but their phone people dont usually know about them. My buddy had to speak to the manager when he ordered them.