pipes

nicol77

Jegs does carry them, but their phone people dont usually know about them. My buddy had to speak to the manager when he ordered them.

Helpful tips like these are why interweb forumz rock!

You can cut through the BS and get the good info. :rulez:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit letting these fools feed you lines of bullshit. Anyone worth their knowledge will know that muffler bearings are bullshit as well. The way to go is spiral flow muffler gaskets. They stick into the airstream just slightly and create a spiral vortex effect with the exhaust gasses. Spiraling air moves through a pipe much faster than air being pushed in a "lump" so to speak. For the best flow on those yoshis you need two of them, one on each side. A bonus is that they will increase peak torque, the V-twin guys love them. Plus since you are removing so much backpressure from the engine it's going to go lean. I'd suggest a "green" filter. They really are green. Put one in and you'll cancel out the loss of backpressure and flow way more air which will bring you back to a slightly rich condition. This is good.

The spiral flows can be had from Indysuperbikes.com or DucRX on here. You gotta call both places and ask. They are kind of an "illegal" off-road only part so they aren't readily advertised. As for the green filter, you can find that anywhere.

Quit listening to these wannabe yahoos and listen to the engineers. I've been in and out of these inline 4s for years and I know what I'm talking about at least.

Oh here we go. Another muffler bearing -vs- spiral gaskets thread :rolleyes:

Yes it's true that you can squeeze out like .05% more HP with the gaskets, but with all the added expense of the new filter and intake lube, it really isn't worth it.

No, that's not them. That's some squid trying to be cool. Kinda like those d-bags that stick the big ass chrome exhaust tip on their mom's accord.

The real ones go on BEFORE the muffler.

All this go fast stuff isn't something you guys should be telling the noob. Do any of you guys know him? Does he have enough experience to handle all these mods? I think you guys should get to know him better and evaluate his skills before you help him create a rocket ship. Fast bikes can hurt if you don't have the skills.

All this go fast stuff isn't something you guys should be telling the noob. Do any of you guys know him? Does he have enough experience to handle all these mods? I think you guys should get to know him better and evaluate his skills before you help him create a rocket ship. Fast bikes can hurt if you don't have the skills.

h8r

I have never been accused of being rude before. I was suspect because he joined a month ago and started posting in every random thread the day before his month was up. He has stated he didn't realize how he was affecting the main page and thought it looked pretty stupid. Time will tell how he handles himself. I just picked this thread to try to get him.

I never change the exhaust on my bikes so I have nothing to add here.

He's a real good guy. I've known him forever I think. He is kinda noobish with forum stuff, so I'm sure he didn't know bout the main page. I'm the one that told him to start posting on here, and get to know people. I've been trying to get him to join this site forever, and he finally did.

He actually had a night off from work last night, and mix that with his no carb or low carb beer, or whatever that gay stuff he was drinking last night was called. (Ewww what gay stuff is he drinking? Figured I'd say that before anyone else lol.)

He's just getting that winter itch that most of us get. He Just got those pipes..even though I'm not a Yosh fan, they are nice looking pipes. Bought a lot of bike stuff the past week or two.

Now it just needs to warm up so all of us can get out and ride some!

His previous bike was a highly modified zx12r. Just way to uncomfortable for any long distance. He'll be fine with the mods. What you guys should be pushing on him, is getting better gear! I tell him that all the time. Maybe he will listen to someone here lol.

From my lengthy talks with him over many years, he cares way more about how the bike looks, and the comfort level, then the speeds it is capable of. He actually bought that bike, just to piss me off I think.

He's a forum noob yes, but not a bike noob. He got his first bike..15+ years ago.

Edited by danballa

We can now scratch off I.P. from adding any valuable information to this thread. I read the article he posted and it didn't have anything to do with motorcycles' date=' try again.

His previous bike was a highly modified zx12r. Just way to uncomfortable for any long distance. He'll be fine with the mods. What you guys should be pushing on him, is getting better gear! I tell him that all the time. Maybe he will listen to someone here lol.

From my lengthy talks with him over many years, he cares way more about how the bike looks, and the comfort level, then the speeds it is capable of. He actually bought that bike, just to piss me off I think.

He's a forum noob yes, but not a bike noob. He got his first bike..15+ years ago.

Well that's different then. On with the mods. I hear that the 2007 and later ZX14s were decompressed so that they could accept power adders. If you aren't going to put on a turbo or super charger one of the best mods for the buck is to upgrade to a stiffer return piston spring. This is not recommended if you plan to add a turbo or supercharger later.

Whatever. We both KNOW I already have to wait on you to catch up at every, single stop sign. Or at least that's what happened last year. Now you will have an improved bike, and might be able to keep up!

Maybe I'm the one that needs better gear. Oh wait..i just ordered a bunch heh