pipes

nicol77

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody knows the louder you are the safer you are. Faster too.

I can respectfully disagree on that one. I had SLP Loudmouth mufflers on my 2002 Mustang GT and then installed longtube headers and an off-road x-pipe. It was SO loud it could wake the dead, but couldn't manage better than a 13.6 @103 in the 1/4.

Why do you think I like bikes?

• 1 month later...

Being a 2007...it is a huge change pulling the secondary butterflies on the 06-07 models. 2008-new you don't need too. Pull the secondaries, get a muzzy or brock pipe, bmc race filter, pciii and get a tune or use Brocks street map that he developed that is free when you order his pipes. It's mapped on the track here in Xenia, Ohio to factor in ram air rather than on a dyno too, so it's a killer map.

Also, when you pull the secondaries, make sure the screwdriver is a magnetic one, you DO NOT want to drop the screws into the engine! Be very careful doing it. This mod really woke up the low end of the '06-'07 years.

Listen to Nick pull those fucking butterflies it makes a hell of a difference it pulls like a freakin train all the way through the rpm gets rid of that annoying dead spot... before you attempt to pull them go buy a new 8" minimum magnetic tip #2 phillips head then heat the tip with a torch or sodering iron push down on screw driver hard (the screws are very soft) try to tighten the screw just a touch is all it takes to break the lock-tight loose then remove it remember to heat the tip for each screw push down hard and work slow or you will strip the heads