Any bike mechanics out there?

F4iBunny

Ok, here's the deal... the other day, oil gets changed (no problem after first oil change, same oil used, yes, it was the right oil for the bike and non-synthetic) After bike sits at BW3 during dinner, come out to find it's leaking oil. Tightened up this or that and went on my way. Then on 270, I'm going 90-95 rolling on the throttle but only slowing down. I pull over, it won't start initially, but eventually does. Spitting and sputtering and stalls at intersection on Sawmill. Work on it that night and find it's idling too slow, fix that.

Yesterday come out to ride to work, oil on garage floor. Lastnight found seal wasn't seated properly in oil filter. Fixed that.

Now bike is idling high when handle bars turned one way, and way too low when turned the other way.

Bike has 1200 miles on it.

When bike had only 28 miles, just after buying it had similar idling problem (bike on kickstand, idled fast, upright would idle slow/stall). At that point had to have choke on for it to start and had to leave it on to run or it would stall. This was only have the bike out in a parking lot 3 times, so no crazy riding. Returned to dealership, said they had to clean the carb and change spark plug because it was running to rich? Um, I shouldn't need to have choke on for brand new bike to run in the first place!

The carb and spark plug shouldn't have to be cleaned/replaced already again? Perhaps the carburator is just bad?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Oh and will my factory warranty be void since the dealership didn't do my oil changes?

:dunno:

The dealership can't void your warranty since they did not do your oil changes. As long as you have proof (oil filter and oil receipt) then you should be fine as long as the voiding warranty part. Whitey (Bornsinner) may be able to help you but if it is still under warranty i would take it to the dealer.

The oil issue is fixed & it was just the washer on the drain plug net set 100% right.

The main issue is:

"Now bike is idling high when handle bars turned one way, and way too low when turned the other way."

What would make the idle speed drop when the bars are turned to the left the raise a lot when turned to the right? It is 1000+ rpm difference. :confused:

The oil issue is fixed & it was just the washer on the drain plug net set 100% right.

The main issue is:

"Now bike is idling high when handle bars turned one way, and way too low when turned the other way."

What would make the idle speed drop when the bars are turned to the left the raise a lot when turned to the right? It is 1000+ rpm difference. :confused:

Weird! Maybe it's moving the throttle cable somehow? IDK, I'm just guessing. I never heard that happening. Hows the idle adjuster, etc?

Ok, here's the deal... the other day, oil gets changed (no problem after first oil change, same oil used, yes, it was the right oil for the bike and non-synthetic) After bike sits at BW3 during dinner, come out to find it's leaking oil. Tightened up this or that and went on my way. Then on 270, I'm going 90-95 rolling on the throttle but only slowing down...

Holy shit!!!! Riding 90-95 on that little 250 that owners typically report ~100MPH being top speed on? There's the problem! That wasn't oil, that poor little bike was bleeding to death!!!!!! :lol: