Lowered my bike... FML

zx6r_rider

1zfphyc.jpg

2mrebs1.jpg

the reason why one is tightened more then the other is because it doesn't drag. New part is $133 from the dealer. I hope to have it done by end of next week.

Thank god i was in the parking lot. Otherwise I don't think it would be pretty picture. I think the reason why it broke was because i was doing one side and forgot that i didn't do the other side and it cracked. At least its nothing TOO expensive to fix.

dude, is that your fucking swingarm?!?

That's terrifying.

Negative

that's the rear suspension linkage.

Correct

still... that metal looks potted... not exactly built ford tough is it?

Yeah being a bike i thought it would be better then that. i guess i was wrong, makes me think about going over 40mph on it anymore lol

Should've gotten a 'zuki. :D

And, why lower a 600? Are you draggin' it?

Yeah ill be trying to make it out to track little more this year than last year. Last year best i got out of it was 11 @ 130mph.

Yeah because they make there metalh parts even smaller and lighter so they break even sooner and more often. :p

lol aint that the truth

If you're doing this to make better times at the strip you're wasteing your time and money. Lowering it screws it up for the street and I assume you're still going to ride the street. 11 sec at 130 isnt too bad for a rookie on a stock zx6 lowering it is not gonna do much for that. You'd get better results for less with some straps for the front and they're quickly removed for the street.

If you're doing this to make better times at the strip you're wasteing your time and money. Lowering it screws it up for the street and I assume you're still going to ride the street. 11 sec at 130 isnt too bad for a rookie on a stock zx6 lowering it is not gonna do much for that. You'd get better results for less with some straps for the front and they're quickly removed for the street.

+1

And I just happen to have a strap kit for sale:

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=41551

I'll take offers and/or trades. :D

These are adjustable links so after I'm done at the track I can raise it for street riding. Also i'm getting straps for it.
lowering a 600 is stupid in the first place.

lower the big boy bikes if you are into dragging.

:popcorn:

+1

And I just happen to have a strap kit for sale:

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=41551

I'll take offers and/or trades. :D

sending you PM.

**edit: Ok, i see now that they're adjustable links

in that case, i'm less surprised that it broke... Taking stress at an odd angle will cause a lot of things to break.

hell, i can stand on an empty beer can until somebody dents the side...

**edit: Ok, i see now that they're adjustable links

in that case, i'm less surprised that it broke... Taking stress at an odd angle will cause a lot of things to break.

hell, i can stand on an empty beer can until somebody dents the side...

No, I had both of the the links on there. Like you said its probably because it was at an odd angle and it broke. oh well i was quoted $45 for new part from cycletherapy which is a lot better then $133 from the dealer.

Take the links off even though they are adjustable you're gaining nothing but headaches and busted knuckles. Use the strat you got from Ben and thats all you need. Still dont be surprised when you dont see much improvement on your times because those times you posted are pretty damn good for a stock or even mildly modded 05 zx6.