Another one tried to run...

JudgeDredd

And other one will get busted.

Listened to a bike chase for a full hour yesterday.. details:

CPD airs they have bike racing up 315N at extreme high rate of speed, clocked over 130mph

CPD alerts plenty of jurisdictions

Black/Orange bike, white tshirt on riders (what no gear? :rolleyes:)

Rider loses officers, now becomes felony

Helicopter... on his ass :D

Follows rider up 315 loses him in trees and waits at Powell rd for him to come through and doesn’t.

Many... many.. officers are sent his way

Someone called and said they saw biker go into housing development and ditch bike.

Rider goes into house and hides, gets noticed fleeing out back door.

Leaves his bike (:lol:)

Officers search for guy with K9

Officer airs they have an open door on back door

__

Im sure the guy got away, but Im sure having his bike is going to be beautiful piece of that investigation. If this story is about anyone here, I would be pooping my pants rite now :eek:

Bottom line.. why the hell run? Seriously? Is the jail time worth it, they do actually arrange jail time with felony convictions EVEN HERE in Franklin Co.

And other one will get busted.

Listened to a bike chase for a full hour yesterday.. details:

CPD airs they have bike racing up 315N at extreme high rate of speed, clocked over 130mph

CPD alerts plenty of jurisdictions

Black/Orange bike, white tshirt on riders (what no gear? :rolleyes:)

Rider loses officers, now becomes felony

Helicopter... on his ass :D

Follows rider up 315 loses him in trees and waits at Powell rd for him to come through and doesn’t.

Many... many.. officers are sent his way

Someone called and said they saw biker go into housing development and ditch bike.

Rider goes into house and hides, gets noticed fleeing out back door.

Leaves his bike (:lol:)

Officers search for guy with K9

Officer airs they have an open door on back door

__

Im sure the guy got away, but Im sure having his bike is going to be beautiful piece of that investigation. If this story is about anyone here, I would be pooping my pants rite now :eek:

Bottom line.. why the hell run? Seriously? Is the jail time worth it, they do actually arrange jail time with felony convictions EVEN HERE in Franklin Co.

My guess would be stolen bike actually. But damn. That's some funny shit.

Did you figure out the make/model of the bike.. I know you said they thought CBR but what was it when they found the bike?

Im starting to wonder if it was someone on the 07suzuki1K since its black and orange. I also know a guy that generally always rides in just a tshirt that has one. however it he usually doesnt wear a helmet and if memory serves me, when we talked last night, you said the rider had a helmet right?

yeah its hard to get away from the chopper.....not like my home town where alot of times guys run up and down city blocks from police and alot of times get away. The eye in the sky reduces those outcomes greatly. However if it was stolen as mentioned he might as well run.

If the bike is stolen, definately ditching it was the right move. But why speed when riding a stolen bike? But if it IS your own bike, that $100 speeding ticket just cost you a bit more.

Trying to flee from the police makes no sense to me at all. Someone's post a few days ago entitled "HOLY SHIT," where the police officer jumps on the car and unloads 5 or 6 rounds into the guy simply for fleeing is a prime example of why you should always stop.

I suppose he might not have noticed the helicopter until AFTER ditching the bike. Highway wind doesn't let you hear too much. Now if they had a spotlight on him...

I think there's a lot of people who have just seen one too many YouTube videos where the bike gets away. Personally, I've also watched enough where they wreck trying to run.

Between the safety risks, and the fact that I can't afford a ticket, I'm looking into track days... Where do you columbus folks ride? I'm not opposed to trecking to mid-Ohio. Do you have to take race courses and safety wire the whole bike? **edit** - or i could just read the thread about getting into track days... consider my question answered.

Between the safety risks, and the fact that I can't afford a ticket, I'm looking into track days... Where do you columbus folks ride? I'm not opposed to trecking to mid-Ohio. Do you have to take race courses and safety wire the whole bike?

Mid Ohio is great..

Just get yourself a leather suit. 1 or 2 piece. 1 is better.. over the wrist gloves, and over the ankle boots and you are good to go to start.. once you move to intermediate or advanced, you have to run non-glycol based coolant and wear a back protector but thats it.

go and check out www.sportbiketracktime.com for more info.

thanks for the info. I'm already on top of it. Any chance you can rent leathers? the cheapest set i've found is almost $500.

$500 for leathers, at least $60 for boots, $40 for gloves, a new helmet, and new tires, plus the cost of the novice class, all of the sudden I'm over $1,000

My bike only cost me $1,500!

thanks for the info. I'm already on top of it. Any chance you can rent leathers? the cheapest set i've found is almost $500.

$500 for leathers, at least $60 for boots, $40 for gloves, a new helmet, and new tires, plus the cost of the novice class, all of the sudden I'm over $1,000

My bike only cost me $1,500!

500 for leathers is good.. check out www.motonekoparts.com and the alpinestars that are on clearance.. 480 shipped.

60 for boots is really good.

40 for good over the wrist gloves is good, (check iron pony clearance section. mine were $20)

Not sure why you need a new helmet but ok.

track day at mid ohio will be about 180..

Start buying clearance items over the winter and you will be good by summer..

ITS WORTH IT.

if you dont have the money now, then stay away from the track because its addicting..

yes they will rent leathers but I think its something like $75 a day at the track .. GET YOUR OWN.

thanks for all the helpful replies.

I have found AGV leathers for as low as $291 for a one-piece suit.

I severely underestimated the cost of boots, but that's offset by the overestimation on leathers, so I'm still on-budget.

The new helmet is just somethign I need to pick up anyway. one of mine is just getting old, and the other one is kind of small now that I have hair instead of taking the 1/4 inch buzzers to my head every 2 weeks :D

someone said not to get into racing w/o enough money. I'm interviewing for a second job after work today lol. Nothing major, but enough to cover tires and track time, I think.

Ive prolly ran from the cops in the hundreds of times when i was younger(no joke). But it finally caught up to me and Im still paying restitution to New Albany. I didnt get caught I got ratted out by a neighbor...Let me tell you the fines, court costs, and lawyer fees cost me over 10k easily. It was all fun and games....till I got busted...