Pit Bull Trailer Restraints

vw151

Me and some buddies bought 3 restraints to use this season. Haven't used them yet but as usual from pit bull this stuff looks indestructable. I'm posting some pictures of the stuff unboxed. In a week or so I'll add some pics of them installed holding bikes and stuff.

I wanted to give a shout out to TJ at riders discount. He was great to work with and got things shipped out quick. Give him a call if you want some of these.

more info here over at the wera forum.... here

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=242070

IMG_7924.jpg

IMG_7926.jpg

IMG_7931.jpg

IMG_7932.jpg

IMG_7940.jpg

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7943.jpg

IMG_7946.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

Edited by vw151

TJ @ ridersdicount has the best price i've seen for the Pit-Bull TRS, and i've been debating the purchase for almost a year now.

I dont' have mine installed on my trailer yet either, but I've used the system in helping other people load and unload. After a trip to Calabogie with my bike ratchet-strapped to the trailer, and a buddy's bike held up with the TRS, I was 100% sold.

I worried every time the road got twisty or bumpy that my bike was going to end up skidding down the road behind us. His bike was rock solid.

If that weren't awesome enough, the TRS probably saved me thousands of dollars in marriage counseling, because my wife no longer has to sit on the bike while I strap it down (at 5 AM, in the rain, as I pack up for BeaveRun...) Loading is truly a 1-man job with the TRS.

killer product.

What do you guys do about the front end skipping around?

I don't know what you mean by this. The front end doesn't move except for the suspension. The bars can move left to right but the harmonics put them in one orientation and then the bike can use its own suspension. I love these things' date=' they are a great way to ease loading and unloading plus they bring peace of mind because nothing is going to fall or move around. I have two of them set up in three places so I can haul one or two bikes. If I am going to be hauling someone else’s bike I will even go to the expense of buying pins to fit their bike so I don't have to worry about it falling over into my bike. They pay for themselves if you have a bike fall over just once without them.[/font']

I don't know what you mean by this. The front end doesn't move except for the suspension. The bars can move left to right but the harmonics put them in one orientation and then the bike can use its own suspension. I love these things, they are a great way to ease loading and unloading plus they bring peace of mind because nothing is going to fall or move around. I have two of them set up in three places so I can haul one or two bikes. If I am going to be hauling someone else’s bike I will even go to the expense of buying pins to fit their bike so I don't have to worry about it falling over into my bike. They pay for themselves if you have a bike fall over just once without them.

After seeing you load your bike after your wreck at Mid-O I was sold for sure.

Yah, even if the front end jumps up or the steering moves it doesn't matter because the rear axle is locked in. The bike will not move side to side at all. You don't even need a wheel chalk.

Like I said, low tech simple idea.

watch this video. Maybe it is more clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwaEABfg2rA

What do you guys do about the front end skipping around?

Just tighten the damper all the way.

I have had mine for two years and not one problem. Had a pingle stand and almost had a bike go through the side of the trailer. Purchased Baxley's after that with good results. After I saw the pit-bul in person I knew thats what I needed' date=' I bought mine that Monday and haven't regretted the purchase at all. I have more room in the trailer and loading/unloading is seconds.

[img']http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r283/c7fx/IMG_0308.jpg

Straps work okay but have their issues. I have seen numerous failures of them with varying levels of failure. One failure using straps can cost more damage to the bike, trailer and your equipment that the trailer restraint costs.

It's kind of like a track day, if you try to push riding on the street without a track day or two under your belt chances are you will go down. Track days aren't cheap but they are well worth the investment if you go down from lack of experience without one. A track day is usually cheaper than paying a deductible let alone the personal injury you risk. An investment up front will save you money in the long run.

looks like you could go 3 wide in there with that restraint but probably only 2 wide with straps.

That etrack looks great BTW, nice set up.

Actually it was set up for three bikes with Baxley's and fit very well. Now with the pit bull's I have that much more room without worrying about the straps.

Do want.

I love this setup but it's just a little too pricey for me. I'll stick to my new straps

Trust me the Pit-bulls are cheap compared to what can happen with straps.

Edited by c7fx