Rider down in Akron

walther_gsp

Don't know him, but he was riding with a group that included my dad and a couple of my relatives yesterday. He went the wrong way after they left some stop and was trying to catch up. Too close to home for me.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/10312637.html

Whetzel, who was wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Holmes County Coroner.

Police say alcohol is suspected in the crash.

nothing else to say really. i feel bad for the family. :(

From what my dad said tonight, it could have been the alcohol, but was more likely recklessness with the throttle hand. This happened right after my family split off from the group after their lunch stop (some bar that is known for its fried bologna). I guess the guy leading the pack was riding way too fast all day, and this guy was trying to catch up by riding even more carelessly.

Shitty situation regardless and way too close to home for me.

From what my dad said tonight, it could have been the alcohol, but was more likely recklessness with the throttle hand. This happened right after my family split off from the group after their lunch stop (some bar that is known for its fried bologna). I guess the guy leading the pack was riding way too fast all day, and this guy was trying to catch up by riding even more carelessly.

Shitty situation regardless and way too close to home for me.

stuff like this just reminds me to keep the limits on the track (er... when i get there at least).