Nov 4th charity ride

F4iBunny

If I remember correctly, there WAS speculation that this guy killed himself. They were investigating suicide as it was a one car accident. Thanks.

The point shitty was making is that even I myself can go out and organize a poker run to pay off my student loans. I could tell you that because I had to take out loans that I couldn't pay my car insurance (on one of my two cars) or that I couldn't eat at night (not filet mignon at least) and make you feel sorry for me because you didn't know the whole story. Anyway, thanks for clearing things up. It cracks me up that some people on this board are quick to get mouthy when they have no clue what they're talking about....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be going to this ride but not because I think this are the most needy people on the planet. I am going because it is an easy way to help someone and it involes riding.If was a 10k run to help I would not be there. If you and shitty want to organize a ride or poker run to help pay off your student loans I'll be there.As long as it sounds like fun!If I can do what I like to do and someone figures out how to make that benefit others (besides the oil companies)then I'm all for it.

If I remember correctly, there WAS speculation that this guy killed himself. They were investigating suicide as it was a one car accident. Thanks.

"He was a diabetic, and there is a suspicion that he had some kind of sugar-level-related blackout when he went over a guard rail and landed in a lake not far from his house." This is a quote from the Dispatch, but I guess they could be making things up too.

The point shitty was making is that even I myself can go out and organize a poker run to pay off my student loans. I could tell you that because I had to take out loans that I couldn't pay my car insurance (on one of my two cars) or that I couldn't eat at night (not filet mignon at least) and make you feel sorry for me because you didn't know the whole story. Anyway, thanks for clearing things up. It cracks me up that some people on this board are quick to get mouthy when they have no clue what they're talking about....

:rolleyes: OMG!

Ok, let's start with the mouthy bit. I believe it was Shitty who had to throw a wrench into this post to begin with, claiming he knows more about the cops' benefits than they do. I was posting that there is going to be a benefit ride and if you will go back and look I also added that more info was to come, thus there was no need for the attack.

And this isn't as if it was just some chick getting up in front of everyone claiming her husband died and she needs money. It was one of his co-workers, a cop in uniform. I really don't think the police department is going to be behind a fake charity event! I'm sure they have better things to do.

I started this thread because I thought it would be nice to help this family out. There really was no reason for this to turn into an argument.

Now how about that hug?! :)

Ok. Called the cop that was at QS&L & the price for the ride is $20 (not sure where the $5 I heard came from, unless they are doing the buffet breakfast again, that may be $5 like last time, not a lot of choice last time though).

The $20 gets you the check list for the poker run & chance of winning a door prize.

If we both go we will most likley just pay once for the stuff & the other will be there just for the ride, as riding is still free.

well according to TWC.com with a Westerville zip code (checked this morning - it may change later) it's supposed to be sunny with AM clouds and a high of 57 degrees and coming off a low of 38 degrees. Not too sure about any wind as I am not a weather person. Im sure it'll be in the 40's to low 50's by 11am.

I am going to try to make it but with prior arrangements that morning it's gonna be close. Maybe we could all meet up afterwards to hang out, eat some food and watch some football.

well according to TWC.com with a Westerville zip code (checked this morning - it may change later) it's supposed to be sunny with AM clouds and a high of 57 degrees and coming off a low of 38 degrees. Not too sure about any wind as I am not a weather person. Im sure it'll be in the 40's to low 50's by 11am.

I am going to try to make it but with prior arrangements that morning it's gonna be close. Maybe we could all meet up afterwards to hang out, eat some food and watch some football.

Sounds like a plan. I will need to go get some sleep as I would have worked the night before & also the upcoming night.

I have a life insurance policy and I don't even have a husband or kids that would go without if I die. I'm sure my pomeranian would make out okay though.

"Walter? you brought a pomeranian bowling?"

"I didn't bring it bowling, Dude. I didn't rent it shoes. I didn't buy it a beer. It's not taking your fucking turn."