4/16 - 4/18 -- Southern Ohio and West Virginia Camp and Ride

Casper

If you're not interested in going on the trip but still have something to say, post it here. I'm trying to keep this thread organized.

Thinking about camping at Sandsprings Campground.

Camp sites are $23.32/night (for up to four people).

They also have a lodge if we have enough people interested. The lodge has four bedrooms, kitchen, etc

Friday: Meet at the campground, dinner, drinks, campfire, etc.

Saturday: Breakfast, ride, lunch, ride, back to campground for dinner, drinks, campfire, etc.

Sunday: Breakfast, ride home

Last year the averages for mid-April were lows around 45 at night, and highs around 75 during the day. The lodge or a cabin would probably be a better bet. Either way it'll be fun. A half-way decent sleeping bag is good down to 15.

There's a lot of every type of riding down there. For the street only guys/gals, there are tons of twisties down there. For the dualsport guys/gals, It's heaven. Different groups go different directions, join up back at the campgrounds and/or for meals. I'm really game for whatever. It'd just be a fun weekend away, out in the woods, riding bikes.

Some links:

Monongahela National Forest

Blackwater Falls

Sandsprings Campground

Monogahela Rails to Trails Parking Lot

AMA Ride Guide to WV

Some pics from other groups:

twisted.jpg

2343397967_22f2a07a17.jpg

2343400607_e7d62db76a.jpg

2939598993_eac25fabd2.jpg

IMG_5299.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

DSCN0719.jpg

splash2.jpg

DSCN0247.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

DSCN0263.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have an area if I was to show up with the toy hauler and the dogs? Is there a map of what area of WV this is?

In the links I posted in the first post, there's a map of the rails to trails parking lot. That should get you what you're looking for. I'll get more maps up when I get to a computer.

Just talked to the campground. The "lodge" has four bedrooms. Comfortably sleeps at least 8. It'd be just under $300 for the weekend, so $37.50/each. That's definitely worth it. And alcohol is okay. :D