new from cleveland area and need some advice

frank1000rr

whats up riders my name is frank i have a 2006 honda cbr 1000rr i bought this bike new in 2007 i only put 4k on it seance. i am in debates if i should keep it or sell it. The reason i bought it is because my best friend bought one but on thanksgiving week he ended up totaling his bike and that was the only person i rode with. I have a wife and 3 kids so it is very hard for me to ride. i need some help... should i keep it or sell it? what would you do?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome. I say keep it but that's because I just started and love it. There are a ton of people around here that ride a lot and I have a feeling this year is only going to be bigger with even more rides

i vote sell it, and buy something more suited for street use. buy your wife some flowers, and yourself full riding gear with the leftover money. win-win-win.

+1

Here's a VFR:

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/1613633509.html

Here's some nice gear:

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Rocket-Speedmaster-Leather-Motorcycle/dp/B000Y572MA

1st... welcome to the site!!!

2nd.....plenty of other Cleveland enthusiasts around here to ride with. Your location shows Macedonia which I don't think is to close to Cleveland but what do I know..

3rd.....To those of you who are saying the CBR1000RR is not suited for road riding...WTF are you guys talking about? The CBR is the most road oriented and best mannered of all the litre bikes. Quit being such a bunch of pussies.

1st... welcome to the site!!!

2nd.....plenty of other Cleveland enthusiasts around here to ride with. Your location shows Macedonia which I don't think is to close to Cleveland but what do I know..

3rd.....To those of you who are saying the CBR1000RR is not suited for road riding...WTF are you guys talking about? The CBR is the most road oriented and best mannered of all the litre bikes. Quit being such a bunch of pussies.

Macedonia is only 15-20mins from downtown and like 10 mins from me :D

Welcome to the site.

If it's going to stress out your wife everytime you ride then you got to ask yourself is it really worth it? Pick up a hobby that the entire family can enjoy (maybe camping, fishing or hiking). Figure out something you can do with your kids. I don't know if I'd sell the bike because you might be able to get a ride in once in a while but putting the time in with the family is the "real man" thing to do in my mind.

Commute! I'm married with three as well. Hence, I'm not allowed to ride for fun either. The key is.... sell your story to the wife that it is a safe, economical way to get to and from work. You will save hundreds of dollars in gas and get some enjoyment every day as well. I just hope she doesn't catch on that I seem to pull more weekend-duties when the sun is out. Don't tell! Keep the bike, enjoy it, and be safe!