Went to Jennings... Had some great pics.. Unfortunately..Crash (Tomato Racing)..

Dubguy85

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think the bike is a loss... We haven't went through it very well yet, but Clip on, windscreen, rear wheel, rearset, swing arm, brake reservoir def need replaced. Haven't checked, frame, forks, etc. He is ok now. He was completely knocked out on the track. Had to go to the ER and get a CT scan but everything came back positive. They even confirmed he DOES have a brain!

Jennings was super cool about it.. They even gave him a free "I crashed at Jennings" Tee shirt!!

Helmet did its job!

bike3.jpg

bike2-1.jpg

bike-2.jpg

yikes. what happened? the first pic of the wreck shows dirt already flying, so I assume the ground caused the bike to tumble into the 12:00 position.

Was it a lowside with grass causing the tumble, or a high-side with grass making it that much worse? (the latter seems more likely based on the helmet impact, etc.)

yikes. what happened? the first pic of the wreck shows dirt already flying, so I assume the ground caused the bike to tumble into the 12:00 position.

Was it a lowside with grass causing the tumble, or a high-side with grass making it that much worse? (the latter seems more likely based on the helmet impact, etc.)

There are two stories of how it happened.

Story one from the guy behind him "He was in turn 11 and was cutting it to sharp and the front wheel went off the track, when trying to come back on the track something caught and high sided.

Story 2 from Justin (Lets not forget he remembers the bike kicking out and then waking up in the ambulance) He said he was going into 11 to hot, tried to turn in hard, and he remembers the bike bucking and then the rear tire coming out from under him.

We aren't exactly sure how it happened really.

^ either way, it sounds like the bike tossed him...

might he have whacked the throttle as he was being "bucked" off? that would explain the 12:00 wheelie...

lord knows it all happens fast enough that once the sequence of events starts, the "thought process" quickly turns to "oh shit," and then you wake up laying on the track.

That Shoe is going to look good on his garage wall though!

^ either way, it sounds like the bike tossed him...

might he have whacked the throttle as he was being "bucked" off? that would explain the 12:00 wheelie...

lord knows it all happens fast enough that once the sequence of events starts, the "thought process" quickly turns to "oh shit," and then you wake up laying on the track.

That Shoe is going to look good on his garage wall though!

Yea, its a nice trophy for sure!

card4.jpg

Ummm... I think youre doing it wrong? :dunno:

Glad you are alright man! Not only did you get a cool shirt, but you haz some BADASS crash photos. I wish I had those. Ive never had a crash on camera.

Heal quickly man!! Oh, and I think that rear wheel will be fine! ;)

So just to confirm, if it was an HJC CL-15 he would have died?

Died... Prob not... drilling a hole in his skull to drain blood.. PROBABLY :p

I agree... A helmet is not something I'm going to skimp on.... Dot and Snell approved for me! (Not that the HJC CL-15 isn't snell or dot) I'm just sayin!