opinions on First 22 target rifle

scottb

Ok on the show. I was just planing on going to see what it was all about. Is Sunday afternoon too late for you? I would like to meet you at the range and check out the 597. Plus I want to my 870 out and try out the Winchester shells and see if the different ammo will clear up the extraction issues. I'll send you a PM.

Ok, after hours of research, and many phone calls to SpeedyT, I ended up with a Savage MKII BXPB (not sure what the letters indicate), Accu-tech trigger and Bushnell scope package from Dick's for $159. I got a hardside case, cleaning kit, 500 box 22LR ammo.

Thanks for your picture. Clearly that is not the style trigger I have. I will attempt to determine what I actually have,trigger wise. I did go to Stonewall and got to fire the 22. It was fun.

All that matters is that you like the rifle and that it shoots well. I only presented the information because it sounded as though the person you bought it from may have mis-represented the rifle. I just wanted to make sure you had all the details is all. FYI, the price you got it for sounds like a good deal.

Thank you.I did not take your post as a knock or anything, it is all good.

Your post was informative and accurate. What I have is not the current style of Accutrigger..

I went to Dick's just to see if they had any of the models I was interested in. The sales person did indicate it has the accu-trigger. For my own knowledge, I will look on Savage website and see if I learn anything from the serial number.

This rifle does what I want it to do, push rounds on paper.I look forward to meeting you.

Sorry I couldn't make it out with you guys, I tend to avoid Stonewall at all costs.

Nice looking rifle though, glad you're having fun. And to think, 6 months ago you weren't even sure you wanted a firearm in the house :D

I did not want to start another "first" thread, but since I have no baseline on ranges, Stonewall seemed ok for me. The only issue was the 3 younger guys in the stall next to me. 3 people were sharing one handgun. No problem, but Speedy thought he saw sparks and thought the one guy hit the floor with his round, not the target. I was wondering if the stall dividers were built proof, but they are just plywood. All the brass on the floor remindered me of peanut shells on the floor at Texas RoadHouse resturant.

Nice meeting you today Scottb, and good work with the shotgun/savage. It seemed like your 870 was working as it should. And the savage looks like a nice rifle even if it has the accutech trigger and not the accu trigger. The homies on the lane next to you were a little worrysome. Hope you had fun shooting today, you did fine for a first range trip. Now lets find an outdoor place already!