Am I getting so old...

RSVDon

I feel you man..

A few years back I wouldn't have been cought dead on even a VFR800, now I find myself drooling over FJR1300's and varios BMW's. :eek:

I've got my supersport. And aside from upgrading someday to the newer RSVR, I feel set. Now I'm looking at things that I can use to actually travel west or something. So the Futura, VFR, Tuono, BMW K bikes, etc all of the sudden look way more enticing than they ever were. It's weird.

I've got a hard-on for one of these, but unfortunately I need to wait a year or two and get finances further in order before moving on one. :/

146_0112_12zoom+2001_aprilia_futura_r1000+side_view.jpg

I just got rid of my 08 FZ1 last year and I've been dying for one of these, as soon as I have an extra $20k + laying around..

0517091518.jpg

Don't forget the extra $1500 for the leaky final drive, and the $10k in Touratech shit you have to bolt onto it. It's the law.

hehe.

They're cool bikes tho. Did you see the new Yamaha Super Tenere? Might give the GS a run for its money, and it's likely coming to the states.

yamaha-super-tenere.jpg

I agree. Dammit.. is that proving we're getting old?? :eek:

I'm gonna be 22 this August. Exception to the rule I am? lol

Co-worker has a GS1200. Rode it to Alaska in 2009. Said it was a great ride and the bike took it like a champ, well, until his final drive had catastrophic failure 900 miles from Dayton.

Step away from the futura now! They are junk. the two people I know who have them the bike is in the shop more then they ride it. Heck the one guys died on a ride with us this summer and had to be bump started. and now his clutch is locked in first gear. It also has killed two batteries in three years due to a weak stator. They look very cool but I would get a viffer or something else. I am also looking into this type of bike for my next one. @34 I am getting done with the stink bug stance of most sport bikes.