Is welcoming people to ORN a sport?

Zach

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to post in welcome threads to drive people away. This place is big enough as it is.

And I've found A LOT of Ohioans are tools that ride motorcycles.

Seriously! I met this tool at a meet and greet last year that rode in on an SV650, all he could talk about is how fast his busa is and that his bikes match in color

Seriously! I met this tool at a meet and greet last year that rode in on an SV650, all he could talk about is how fast his busa is and that his bikes match in color

There's someone else on here with an SV and a 'busa? Good taste, but they probably should've opted for the SV1000, like I did. ;)

I might've talked about the bus a little, but you had to try to one up me by talking about the train.

Remember the train? The one you ran on Kayleigh after you bought her a pork sammich...

I didn't have to pay for shit! What kinda playa you think I am?

Talk about a train though? I thought I saw you in line for the MJ meat and greet that night?

How do we find the numbers that represent the threads? For those of us that don't spend 22.5 hours a day in the vBulletin Admin interface.

Highlight over the forum title either on the Forums homepage, or in New Posts on the right side. You're looking for f=

http://www.ohio-riders.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

I'd actually love for Ben to add an option for individual users to define which forums are included/excluded from New Posts. Some of the forums are the mod/admin forums (I'm guessing), but if folks wanted craigslist, AMA news, etc to show up in their new posts they could.

Say wha?? Me no understand..:confused:

http://www.ohio-riders.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=63,64,77,62,73,61,116,38

Click that link, you'll notice Introduction forum isn't included.

Or we just all get along and agree not to be douchebags..

:stupid::lol:

Seriously though, we are becoming quite a popular destination. Most wont stay on long, but its nice that they take the time to tell us a little about themselves and you want to poop on that? I dont get it. If you dont like it, dont welcome them. If you want to boost your post count, then say hi and make them feel welcomed.

That being said, I dont welcome newbs much anymore because we have newbs like Zach to do that.

:stupid::lol:

Seriously though, we are becoming quite a popular destination. Most wont stay on long, but its nice that they take the time to tell us a little about themselves and you want to poop on that? I dont get it. If you dont like it, dont welcome them. If you want to boost your post count, then say hi and make them feel welcomed.

That being said, I dont welcome newbs much anymore because we have newbs like Zach to do that.

Yep yep..

He's apparently a douche... but I still like you Max :sexytime:

I don't think OP is against welcoming people, I think he is making note of the fact you can login and have 100 new posts in the intro forum with nothing more than :welcome:

It's wonderful how many new people are coming in, but there will be replies from intro topics started weeks/months ago.