Is welcoming people to ORN a sport?

Zach

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think OP is against welcoming people, I think he is making note of the fact you can login and have 100 new posts in the intro forum with nothing more than :welcome:

It's wonderful how many new people are coming in, but there will be replies from intro topics started weeks/months ago.

You're just pissed 'cause people have caught onto your postwhore...errrmmm.... count strategy

Seriously, it's fucking ridiculous when you click "New Posts" and it's nothing but freaking introduction threads.

Do you get extra points for welcoming people? :confused:

sorry to be "fucking rediculous" but I wanted to catch up on my intro threads, get an idea who the new people are, and have some fun with some of them. I appreciated all the welcomes from my intro thread, and have made some great friends since then.

sorry to ruin your whole day by making you click "next page"

Yep yep..

He's apparently a douche... but I still like you Max :sexytime:

I thought us WR havers were supposed to stick together :(

Yes, I did an intro thread. Not to have people post animated gifs or whatever, but to say who I was and what I was interested in. That way, when people go, 'who is this asshole?' they can search my posts and find out.

sorry to be "fucking rediculous" but I wanted to catch up on my intro threads, get an idea who the new people are, and have some fun with some of them. I appreciated all the welcomes from my intro thread, and have made some great friends since then.

Listen, I understand that people like to welcome new members to the site. That's not my issue. What I don't get is the incessant need for many ORN people (not just you) to welcome every single new person that signs up. People will go through the list regardless how old the post is, and 'welcome' the person.

15 of your last 25 posts were just the welcome emoticon. do you really think that makes people feel special or something?

Like I said, mag, this isn't just about you. It's just a curious nuance on this board that I've never seen before.

+1 Magz.

(note to self. add Zach to the Hater AND Troll list.). :D

Seriously, it's fucking ridiculous when you click "New Posts" and it's nothing but freaking introduction threads.

Do you get extra points for welcoming people? :confused:

You're not even a "real biker" so STFU!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

You can do what I've done when BornSinner gets his rocks on (cuz he hits 100 at a time)

Bookmark http://www.ohio-riders.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=63,64,77,62,73,61,116,38

that excludes the intro forum from the new posts search.

Yeah, he does it like once every other month, and welcomes everyone he hasn't previously welcomed. It's kinda funny.