How to remove tar from bike/car

Casper

Plexus plastic cleaner. No joke. I scrubbed at this crap and nothing would get it off. Read online that Honda Polish works well. Figured I'd try Plexus since I had a can. I sprayed it on the tar, let it sit for a minute and it all wiped off. No scrubbing, no effort. It literally just wiped off. Amazing. Figured I'd let you all know.

I've used kerosene/diesel to remove grease tar and grime. Works well on fairings, but mind your metal surfaces. I noticed a little pink on my rag when i touched my wheels(they're red).

I would wait and purchase said product, if you can help it.

But, if you're short on time to get to a meet, whip out the Kerosene and get a rag damp.

After testing a spot for safe use, gently rub target area, within seconds most fresh tar will dissolve into your rag.

For tough old tar, get the end of the rag saturated with Kerosene/Diesel and dab the spot and allow solvent to loosen it up. Then try rubbing it out. :D

Once surface is cleaned with kerosene or diesel, follow up with a different damp rag with soapy water(preferably grease-cutting dish soap)

This way to dilute/remove any leftover concentrated solvent you may have missed.

NOTE:

-Always do a testspot in a discret place, ie bottom of fairing.

-Do Not pour any of these flammables on to target area. This may leave spots and discolorizition

-Do Not use gasoline, this is more aggressive than kerosene and may take off more than desired

I know I amongst good people here, but there's always a wiseguy.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any damage to personal property.

Go with Honda polish on shields and helmets. Plexis leaves a thin film behind. Not ner as good as HP. Trust me, we used to clean a LOT of helmets and that's all we'd use. Tried Plexi and it just wasn't as good...

As for the tar, just simply use some wax...

Go with Honda polish on shields and helmets. Plexis leaves a thin film behind. Not ner as good as HP. Trust me, we used to clean a LOT of helmets and that's all we'd use. Tried Plexi and it just wasn't as good...

As for the tar, just simply use some wax...

have you compared HP to the invisible glass? i dont mean to keep name dropping, im just curious.