Exhaust

Bluezx6r

I Have a full Acropovic (excuse my spelling) under tail exhaust that i was thinking of switching out. I just does not seem loud enough to me. But i was worried of a possible drop in power? I also wanted to keep the under tail style. Any ideas? Thanks

I know for sure my Akro's came with a restrictive internal cap. If you have not looked, check to see if you have one and simply remove the little hex bolt and yank it out. It will make a big difference in sound.

Its not that i want it super loud, Its just i have a horrible time with people noticing me when i ride. I figure if the don't look for me the could at least "hear" me. lol

Also i assume that the piece on the far left end is the piece that needs removed?

Loud isn't always best. It would be hard to beat a Akro, Arrow, Arata or Leo for performance. And your bike will always sound quiter from the front. To the pour guy behind you...its another story. I was behind a guy on a TL1000r? with twin pipes and I couldn't ride behind him because it was way to loud without hearing plugs in.

Edited by SJC1000rr

Its not that i want it super loud, Its just i have a horrible time with people noticing me when i ride. I figure if the don't look for me the could at least "hear" me.

Well maybe you should be riding a Harley then.... I'm in agreement with the others making it loud is retarded and less people will want to be on a group ride with you. Secondly stop looking for the cop out way to "be noticed" work on your riding skills and abilities and learn to be an active rider instead of a passive rider in a blind spot. If youre constantly not be noticed and merged on I'm willing to bet your riding habits are to blame.

Well maybe you should be riding a Harley then....

Come on now, millions of Hardley riders can't be wrong - loud pipes save squirrels. Or something like that.:confused:

I agree: loud(er) does not equal better. <Some> sound = good; too much sound (a.k.a. noise) = bad.

Well maybe you should be riding a Harley then.... I'm in agreement with the others making it loud is retarded and less people will want to be on a group ride with you. Secondly stop looking for the cop out way to "be noticed" work on your riding skills and abilities and learn to be an active rider instead of a passive rider in a blind spot. If youre constantly not be noticed and merged on I'm willing to bet your riding habits are to blame.

^What he said^ Do a little research and you will find the answer to this age old question. I'm wondering if the OP has some cruiser friends. Whenever possible I ride in front of the guy with loud pipes. This must make me an idiot because he should be out front warning all the people behind him that we are coming.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/streetsurvival/dangerous_motorcycle_safety_myths/index.html

http://motorcyclebloggers.com/2005/07/25/the-myth-of-loud-pipes-saves-lives/

Plus many more.

I ran into a problem.. The Shroud if the exhaust covers that blot and it looks like it has rivets in it how can i remove them without ruining the exhaust?

once you removed you cant go back.go once to track and you find out your exhaust is loud enough.

As stated before Louder =/= Better

Loud pipes save no lives... GEAR saves lives, Alertness saves lives, skill and experience saves lives.

My akra pipe on the XX is not LOUD by any means but it is loud enough. If you want people to hear you coming, add a megaphone to the front.

Ok ok ill be honest i just used the notice thing as a crutch i only had someone pull out in front of me once lol but i was fine. My Buddie has I wanna say a "straight pipe" on his GSXR 1000 and its crazy loud thats the only reason i was thinking of this. BUT i did not take the restrictor out lol.

Although i was riding on the west side by Briggs high school. I swear to god a 6 maybe 7 year old boy rolled a tire out in front of me two days ago.. lol i just swerved around it and was fine but man what a kid lol.

Ok ok ill be honest i just used the notice thing as a crutch i only had someone pull out in front of me once lol but i was fine. My Buddie has I wanna say a "straight pipe" on his GSXR 1000 and its crazy loud thats the only reason i was thinking of this. BUT i did not take the restrictor out lol.

Although i was riding on the west side by Briggs high school. I swear to god a 6 maybe 7 year old boy rolled a tire out in front of me two days ago.. lol i just swerved around it and was fine but man what a kid lol.

Ride 15 miles directly behind your buddy in formation then tell me you want your exhaust louder. Don't cop out and ride staggered, maintain about 15 yards distance directly behind his ass. I was behind another member here for 40 miles from Columbus to Newark, if I didn't have plugs in I would have had some hearing damage.

Ride 15 miles directly behind your buddy in formation then tell me you want your exhaust louder. Don't cop out and ride staggered, maintain about 15 yards distance directly behind his ass. I was behind another member here for 40 miles from Columbus to Newark, if I didn't have plugs in I would have had some hearing damage.

Total friggin truth....... and I'm guessin it was eviltwin?

Guessing it was me?

The Giannelli is fairly loud.