looking for a 5x8 utility trailer?

jbot

lowes has one for less than $500 (not sure what it would be after tax... just a bit over 500?). you can have them ship to your local store if it's not already there.

lowe's

i would probably have jumped on this if i hadn't already bought a trailer.

about the only thing this would need is maybe a jack and wood flooring. i think they sell a 5x 10 trailer with wood decking already for about 800~900.

if you have a competitor coupon, i think a lot of stores honor them. lowes also has coupons you can use.

harbor freight is indeed my friend, but their website doesn't have a comparably priced trailer at the moment. haven't been to the store recently though.

tractor supply has some nice stuff too, but they're usually around 700 for a 5x8.

I have the tractor supply trailor. The 13" wheels are a little nicer. Otherwise I think they are pretty much the same. I put some treated 3/4 plywood over the mesh floor it's pretty nice.

heres a pic of my VW pulling 2 bikes with it.

IMG_0424.jpg

Picture187-1.jpg

Edited by vw151

I just bought a 5x10 from Lowes actually. Nicer trailer for the money IMO and the extra space can be used to mount a storage box to haul tool, tire warmers, etc. and you'll still have a good 8' for bikes.

I just bought a 5x10 from Lowes actually. Nicer trailer for the money IMO and the extra space can be used to mount a storage box to haul tool, tire warmers, etc. and you'll still have a good 8' for bikes.

5x10 would be very nice. Starting to get a little big to pull with a car though, especially if you put a storage box full of crap up near the tongue.

what size wheels?

If any of you want to save some cash buy the one without a ramp gate. I built a gate for a guy and he never showed back up with cash so I've got one already fabed up and painted black ready to roll. I'll even weld it on for you if needed. I'll let it go cheap.

Can do other customizing to the trailers to if needed.

If any of you want to save some cash buy the one without a ramp gate. I built a gate for a guy and he never showed back up with cash so I've got one already fabed up and painted black ready to roll. I'll even weld it on for you if needed. I'll let it go cheap.

Can do other customizing to the trailers to if needed.

I tried to weld once. ONCE.

$178,500 in medical bills, lost part of my thumb, my entire left ball, and three toe nails on my right foot will never grow back right. So knowing someone who welds and can stay in one piece is a great advantage :D

I tried to weld once. ONCE.

$178,500 in medical bills, lost part of my thumb, my entire left ball, and three toe nails on my right foot will never grow back right. So knowing someone who welds and can stay in one piece is a great advantage :D

You're doing it wrong.

You're doing it wrong.

I never read the instructions, so I'm not really sure if I'm doing anything right or wrong. But common sense should have told me not to try to weld on a live hand grenade. I was just trying to add some cool looking little spikes to the squares. Seemed reasonable at the time, but that was back when I was smoking a lot of crack. I should probably give welding another shot.

I never read the instructions, so I'm not really sure if I'm doing anything right or wrong. But common sense should have told me not to try to weld on a live hand grenade. I was just trying to add some cool looking little spikes to the squares. Seemed reasonable at the time, but that was back when I was smoking a lot of crack. I should probably give welding another shot.

wat

I read the reviews on Lowe's site for this trailer and there are a couple ones that say the trailer is not very sturdy. It maybe good for hauling light stuff, but not for riding mowers.

Did anyone get one of these yet? Wanted to see what you thought.