fridays weather looks good

twisted12

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great ride yesterday. It was great to meet troppa,neverenough,gary,and mr buell dont no if he is on the forum. Thanks for routing out a great ride up, and justin always a pleasure. Glad everyone made it back safe. Hope to do it again soon.

The weather was just about perfect. 4 of us left the Circle K at 9 and we picked up 2 more in Millersburg.

Tod led on the ride down South, and I led for most of the ride back North. We switched the sweep position on some of the more technical roads. From what I saw, everyone was riding within their limits and I didn't see any oh shit moments, even though we were cornering at a pretty good pace for awhile.

Just about aperfect day of riding until...On 83 North just south of Wooster, UP, JRMMiii, Rob, & I got caugt in some airplane speed trap :( along with a bunch of cars. It was a shitty way to end a really good ride. The kicker is we were taking it really easy on that stretch of 83. Shit happens.

I forgot to set the trip odo, but I would guess I covered 350-400 miles for the day.

btw, this was the first ride where I felt really comfortable on the 1125. That is a damn fine handling machine!

The weather was just about perfect. 4 of us left the Circle K at 9 and we picked up 2 more in Millersburg.

Tod led on the ride down South, and I led for most of the ride back North. We switched the sweep position on some of the more technical roads. From what I saw, everyone was riding within their limits and I didn't see any oh shit moments, even though we were cornering at a pretty good pace for awhile.

Just about aperfect day of riding until...On 83 North just south of Wooster, UP, JRMMiii, Rob, & I got caugt in some airplane speed trap :( along with a bunch of cars. It was a shitty way to end a really good ride. The kicker is we were taking it really easy on that stretch of 83. Shit happens.

I forgot to set the trip odo, but I would guess I covered 350-400 miles for the day.

btw, this was the first ride where I felt really comfortable on the 1125. That is a damn fine handling machine!

Nice meeting you and sweet bike

Five miles of highway in the middle of nowhere will probably generate $500 to $600 for the local community even if we can change these four tickets into non moving violations. Does anyone know how the Wooster court works? Do they allow you talk to the prosecutor before you make it into court? Do they deal there and allow you to plea to a non moving violation? Anyone know a local lawyer down there with success in that court, possibly a group buy in for their services? I really don't know how fast we were going when we were clocked because I don't know when it actually happened but we were cited for speeding 13 over the posted limit. I bet they didn't issue a ticket out there all day for anything that was less than 10 over.

I covered 314 miles for the day we were moving for 5:41 with an average moving speed of 55.1. Total trip time was 9:04 with an overall average of 34.6 (Thanks to the long delay to have four tickets written.) With the exception of the ticket I had a good time. Nice to meet the guys I haven’t rode with before; I hope to do it again soon. The new pavement on 83 south of 146 to 78 is a great stretch of road.

Pshhhhhhhhhhhht! Man I am totally cool with not having any of that blue costume fun.

I haven't had a SINGLE ticket in all of my driving (knock on wood) When I am riding I always just chill at or below the speed limit and then speed up through the corners, but only to slow down again awaiting the next corner. I am not the biggest fan of going fast all the time, just through corners.... I'm too poor to be able to afford higher insurance let alone speeding tickets!

I'm too poor to be able to afford higher insurance let alone speeding tickets!

Yea, I forgot what that feels like - being poor. Since the rest of us are all independently wealthy. :cool:

I hope all the gold and titanium plated Ducati's we all had during the ride didn't blind you when the sun hit them.

:D

Pics from the ride. I didn't take much, but here's what I did take (Forgive me for the pics I took of Gary's bike since he didn't even go on the ride... but I'm strangely in love with it and would've done bad things that would've involved a major cleanup effort and change of pants if there hadn't been witnesses):

25207_521770870369_53800032_30927812_8198445_n.jpg

25207_521770875359_53800032_30927813_2297108_n.jpg

25207_521770880349_53800032_30927814_7821490_n.jpg

25207_521770885339_53800032_30927815_6019189_n.jpg

25207_521770890329_53800032_30927816_223455_n.jpg

25207_521770895319_53800032_30927817_6457262_n.jpg