Man killed during break-in attempt

gen3flygirl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally if you are in a situation where your life is threatened and you have the ability to retreat before using deadly force you must do so. The castle doctrine makes it so being in your home or car, your "castles" if you will, you do not have a duty to retreat if possible before using deadly force.

B) For purposes of determining the potential liability of a person in a tort action related to the person’s use of force alleged to be in self-defense, defense of another, or defense of the person’s residence, if the person lawfully is in that person’s residence, the person has no duty to retreat before using force in self-defense, defense of another, or defense of that person’s residence, and, if the person lawfully is an occupant of that person’s vehicle or lawfully is an occupant in a vehicle owned by an immediate family member of the person, the person has no duty to retreat before using force in self-defense or defense of another.

Pics of said opal... I <3 opal gts

let me try to find it...theres a before pic out there somewhere, and then theres pics at the scene where it was torn up...it looked mostly like this one...cant find the article though.... V car isnt the actual one...but it looks similar lol

17931kk_19.jpeg

edit**....i found the article, heres the after pics, but no before pics...cant find it out there anywhere....driver lived but his passenger hit his head on the cage and died

http://www.polkcountytoday.com/acc083009.html

645_acc083009_10_.JPG

Edited by Steve Butters